Chapter Thirty-Seven

**Greg's POV***

          Seeing the only person you've ever loved trying to die is worse then any rape or beating you could ever receive  I can't even verbalize other then to scream his name. I ran towards him and ripped the pillow off of his face. There was plastic wrap on the inside. He's passed out so he can't hear me right now. I grab onto him and just sob. Todd went to get help and they took him out. I ran after them but they stopped me. I need to see him.

          "Relax, Greg," a nurse says to me, "He just had the wrap on long enough to make him pass out. He will be concise in about 2 hours. But, we're going to keep him on suicide watch until tomorrow morning. You can stay with him tonight."

          "Thank you," I'm still crying but not as much as before.

***

          I wait for about half an hour before a nurse tells me I can go to see him. I am almost running over to his bed. He still isn't awake yet, but he's alive. I'm not at all religious, but if there is a god, he saved the only thing I need in this life. And I am forever grateful.  I sit there, hand in hand with him and just cry and say how much I love him and need him here.

         I don't know why the fuck I kissed Todd. Actually, he kissed me. But, I liked it? I don't think I did. I'm just so confused. I see Todd as a friend. Nothing more. A different nurse comes in to check up on Rayne. I tell her he's fine. She asks me how I am. "Just waiting for him to wake up."

          "You know its time for bed," she tells me with some warning in her voice. "Please let me stay. I can't leave him alone again. I can't let him go.  And one of the other nurses said I could."

          "Okay, fine. Can you keep it down?"

          "Yeah, but do you happen to have a guitar around here. I want to sing him a song. I'll be quiet I promise."

          "Yeah. I'll be right back." She comes back a minute later with a black acoustic guitar.

          "Thank you," I smile at her.

          "Night, hun."

          "Night."

          I start to play Won't Let You Go by Avril Lavigne.

When you're falling, you're crashing

When your fire has turned to ashes

When you're screaming, your heart is bleeding

When you're feeling like there's no reason

I won't let you go

I won't let you go

Cuz when you're all alone and there's cold and there's no one to hold

When you're feeling lost and there's no where, no where to go

When you're feeling sad, don't forget you can reach for my hand

When you're feeling bad just remember I won't let you go

I won't let you go (won't let you go)

When you're torn down, when you're messed up

Don't you give in, no don't you give up

When you're drowning, and you're fading

Always know that I'm always waiting

And I won't let you go

No, I won't let you go

Cuz when you're all alone and there's cold and there's no one to hold

When you're falling lost and there's no where, no where to go

When you're feeling sad don't forget you can reach for my hand

When you're feeling bad just remember, remember, remember

When I said forever, I know that I meant forever

And I won't let you down I can always be found I'll be always around

When you're all alone and there's cold and there's no one to hold

When you're feeling lost and there's no where, no where!

When you're feeling sad don't forget you can reach for my hand

When you're feeling bad just remember I won't let you go

I won't let you go

I won't let you go

I won't let you go

I won't let you go 

          I finish and feel tears running down my face.

          I hear a sniffle and turn to see a teary eyed Rayne.

          "Rayne!" I hop on the bed and straddle him. I kiss him over and over again.

          "I love you, Greg." He tells me. I smile into our kiss.

          "I love you too, baby. Next time, tell me when you're like this. I'm so fucking sorry I overreacted and yelling at you and accusing you of being jealous and--"

          He stops me, "Woah slow down there. I forgive you, and I'm sorry for being so jealous."

          We just lay there next to each other.

          My head is on his chest. Listening to his heartbeat has never made me feel so happy, "You know you're a good singer right?"

          I kiss his cheek, "Look whos a cute liar."

          "I'm not lying."

          "Okay, sure you aren't."

          "Greg?"

          "Yes my angel? "

          I feel his cheeks warm up. "Did you mean it?"

          "Mean what?"

          He turns to look at me, "You won't let me go?"

          "I won't let you go."