Chapter Twenty-Nine

***GREG'S POV***

            I start to come to, but I can hardly tell what anything is.  My vision is blurry and my face hurts.  I make out three people.  Two of them seem to be nurses, and the other one of them is...Rayne.

           I smile at him and grab his hand.  When I see it, I wake up from the trance I was in.  His hand was black and blue.  "Wh-what happened to your hand?"  I stutter.

           He looks at me, "That guy, Ryan punched you in the face and called you a faggot.  I wasn't gonna let him get away with that.  We never have to see him again," he tells me.  He kisses my forehead and goes back to our room as the nurses try to fix my face.

           "You should be getting a new roommate tonight or tomorrow morning.  He will pass us before he comes to you guys's room.  I guarantee that this will never happen again, hun," Claire tells me.

           I smile.  "Thanks, Claire."

           "You're very welcome, sweetie," she smiled back at me, "Now, go get your man.  It's time for lunch."

***

           We walk down to the cafeteria, and me and Rayne go to our usual back corner.  He grabs my hand and looks at me with wet eyes, "Baby, please eat.  Please?  I love you too much to keep letting you do this to yourself."

           Ugh.  I don't want to.  It will make me sick.  But, I can't refuse those eyes.  "Okay.  I will try."

           A huge smile forms on his face.  "Let's go get some food then."

           We go and get lunch, and they're having chicken sandwiches.  This is gonna be so hard.  I haven't eaten a full meal in like 4 months.  But, I told him I would try.  And, it might be nice to actually eat and not always feel so empty.  Stomach wise, that is.  Rayne makes me feel like my life is complete.  Like I have everything I ever need and have gotten everything I ever wanted, just by being with him.

           I know, I know.  These past 2 days have been cheezy as hell, but they are the best 2 days someone could ever have.  Because, I went forever alone to forever completed.

           We go and sit down at the table and I just play with my food as I watch Rayne eat.  Is there a time he isn't sexy???            

           He looks up at me when he's done and he looks so sad.  Why?  Oh, yeah.  My anorexia.  Sigh.  I grab my sandwich and take a huge bite.  I know I promised him, but it's so hard when I haven't eaten a full meal in months. 

           I smile at him and he smiles back at me.  This is hurting my stomach.  I'm trying to hold back tears, but it isn't working very well.  I feel them build up in my eyes.  They begin to fall out.

           He comes over to me and gets to eye level with me and wipes away my tears with his sleeves.  "What's wrong, baby?"  he coos.

           "It's hard.  I'm trying to eat for you, but I haven't eaten more then half a sandwich at one time in at least a year.  I want you to be happy and not have to worry about me.  I want to be better for you.  You make me want to better myself.  I love you so much," I whisper cuz I don't want anyone else to know I'm starving myself.

           He grabs my face as I look down, "Hey, don't look down.  I love to see your adorable face," he tells me and my face heats up and I try to hide it again, "Goddamn it, you're so cute when you blush so stop trying to hide it.  Now, back to what I was gonna say in the first place.  You are so sweet, Greg.  And, I understand.  You're trying.  As long as your trying, I don't care if it is half a bite more every week.  The fact that you're trying for me," he paused, "I can't even verbalize how much that means."  He laughs and starts to cry.  I wipe his tears.

           Then, in the backround, we hear the girls, the staff, and some of the guys chant: KISS!  KISS!  KISS!  KISS!

           He looks at me, "Well, let's not disappoint the crowd."

           I giggle and give him a sloppy, passionate kiss and we hear everyone start cheering.

           We pull away, and then Claire says, "Everyone to group!!!"