Chapter Twenty-Three

***GREG'S POV***

          I don't know if I'm really healing here, or if it's just me finding love in a hopeless place.   Rihanna understands.  That's exactly what happened.  Oh, the irony.  I would never have thought my life would be similar to a Rihanna song that isn't depressing. 

          Either way, I don't care.  I would like to deal with things so I don't have to end up back in this hellhole.  It reallt doesn't help that I've been talking dirty with Rayne for the past 2 hours in group.  Hey, I didn't say I didn't want to talk dirty to my man, but I would like to learn how to not want to kill myself.

          We went back into the rooms after 2 long hours of group.  Me and Rayne are now making out on the bed (SHOCKER!!!!!).  Something's wrong with him.  I can feel it in the way he is kissing me.  Our kisses started out very heated and passionate, but now, he is kisses are softer and weaker.

          "Alright," I tell him as I unravel myself from his body and sit next to him, "Tell me what's wrong."

          "Nothing's wrong baby," he smiles at me and tries to go back to kissing me.  He's lying.  He's lying to my goddamn face, and that's not okay.

          "If you don't tell me what's bothering you, I'm going to kick your ass," I punch his arm.  Not that hard, but enough for him to know I mean business.  "Tell me!" 

          He sighs, "I need to have a plan, but I don't have one.  If I don't think of one, I'll be living on the goddamn streets.  I'll be whoring myself for a decent meal."

          I slap him.  He looks at me stunned, hurt, and very confused.  "You will NEVER stoop that low.  Look, I'm sorry I slapped you.  Really, I'm so sorry.  I shouldn't have done that.  But, I'm never EVER going to let you get to the point of whoring around.  Look, I wasn't gonna ask you til later so I could do it romantically, but I think now is the right time.  I love you Rayne.  I want to be with you forever.  Runaway with me?"