Chapter 14

Radhika glanced at Arjun and was unperturbed to find him lounging on one of her sofas.

Why couldn’t he just ask her about the darn pictures that created this rift between them? Why couldn’t he just give her a chance to explain herself?

Why was he so obnoxiously arrogant and dim-witted? Not that, that explanation would change anything in their present status. No ways, he chose to walk out that day and today she wouldn’t betray her ego by running up to him and explaining something that obviously didn’t matter to him. If it had, wouldn’t he have asked her by now?  She wasn’t the silly, naïve girl anymore, if he wanted a clarification, he better make the first move or else forget it. God knew, even she had a queen sized ego that could rival, nope, undermine his.

"I was under the impression that you have your own room," she asked him, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Oh yes, I do but it's too lonely there," Arjun faked a moan full of distress.

Radhika rolled her eyes and walked up to him.

Arjun patted his lap, “Want to sit?" 

 "No thanks, I wouldn't want to trouble your legs," she smiled too sweetly.

"No trouble at all. They're at your service," he smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Thank you for the creepiness but I can sustain well without it, all right, then." She pulled at his hand. "I'll see you in the afternoon."

He stayed in the sofa curling his fingers over hers and frowned up at her. "Just like that? I'm being dismissed?"

She felt the jolt of pleasure course through her at his sure touch. Why did he have to be so darn irresistible? But Radhika held down her hand and exclaimed dramatically, "Oh! Where are my manners? Come On, I'll walk you to the door."

He didn't want to go. Not yet. Not ever. 

Her sweet scent sent tingles all over his body. He wanted to be close to her, much closer to her. He loved the aroma she emanated. It seemed to pull him in, something delectable and reminded him of spring time and daisies. Just like her. He wanted to be buried into that fragrance and wanted her closer, still closer to him.

Why did she have to betray him all those years ago? And now, with so many moments spent together did she even try to bring the topic back in discussion, how tough was that? Of course she tried, once during the time he had rescued her from her broken car but then his anger had reasoned him not to listen. But, what about now? Couldn’t she at least apologize, maybe they could have something deeper. It was pointless to not agree the connection that still bound them together, but he would die before he accepted anything from her without her apology and an explanation. Didn’t she realize the hurt he had to go through all these years because of her; it was literally like his heart had been paralyzed after her infidelity.

But, did she care an iota about him, nope.

Fine, even he could work it out then, this was just lust. Yes, that’s what it was. He would be a fool to think anything more and would simply put himself on the mantle to get hurt again. He wasn’t that foolish anymore! But that didn’t mean he couldn’t enjoy their volatile time together.