Chapter 4

Radhika collapsed on her couch, her mind filled with memories; confusing, merging different worlds together within her.

Arjun.

Radhika forced down the emotions threatening to swamp her; afraid of what might happen to her, if she let her emotions guide her into vulnerabilities. The feelings threatened to marsh her as she took a deep breathe.

She hated how handsome he had become; she hated that gorgeous body, that arrogant smirk, the smile that still managed to take her breath away. She wanted to break something as the thought of him bedding hundreds of women incurred in my mind, letting the pain seep directly into her heart. She could visualize him sharing his bed and that tempting body, moaning, writhing in pure pleasure.  Not that she blamed him; after all he was like a delectable magnet; that attracted you to him without any reason, without trepidation.

She despised her body’s reaction to his presence, the fluttering of her heart, the skidding of her nerves, her roaring pulse; this wasn’t what she wanted.

She had let him go, there was no ‘him and her’ now.  They were two separate individuals, venturing on a separate path, meeting only in an intersection for a chance, temporary sojourn.

There was nothing to be felt, nothing to experience, no familiarity, no awareness. She had to numb herself, her sentiments. Radhika couldn’t let him manifest into her mind, her heart, deep into her soul. She had taken him out of her system burying him underneath layers and layers of tears and hurt and that was how it was going to be.

Radhika sighed as she took off her heels and rubbed her feet, and whispered to herself, “I have moved on. “

She laid her head back on the couch and closed her eyes, remembering that wonderful day when, at barely sixteen he had stolen her heart uttering those beautiful words. A tear slipped through her eyes as she recalled how sweet and irresistible he had been.

…………………

The walk to his dorm barely registered within Radhika. It felt like she was drifting. Today, she had realized she loved her boyfriend, her best friend. She smiled, blushed and let out a low laugh, as excitement engulfed her completely.

What was she going to say?

How was she going to utter those words? Wasn’t it men who were supposed to say those words?

How the hell was she supposed to be eloquent and suave and sweep him off his feet? ….She giggled at this thought.

She could barely think anymore.

Then she saw him, her Arjun sitting there on the couch, surrounded by books and scribbling away.

Gosh! He was perfect.