Chapter 25

Radhika was shocked and confused, she couldn't understand, Ethan - His business partner.

What the hell was happening? Why wasn’t she kept in a loop? Was she hallucinating? She pinched herself to be completely sure,… she was in her senses.

"What..?" She frowned at Arjun, her eyes fixed at Ethan.

Arjun smiled as he looked at Ethan, he took his arm off Radhika's shoulders and walked towards Ethan, “Well, it's a long story."

Radhika tilted her head and glared from Ethan to Arjun," I am sure, I have the time."

Arjun gave her a conciliatory smile hoping to melt her, “Don’t fire at me, I have an explanation."

Radhika let out an angry breath and pierced Ethan with a glare, “explain."

"Let me start, you can take over when I tire out," Ethan winked at Arjun while Radhika took a furious step forward.

"Carry on, will you, before she eats us up," Arjun chimed gallantly.

Radhika rolled her eyes, “can we be serious here for a change."

Ethan put on a somberly facial expression, he wasn't averse to being serious but they had to joke about the precarious situation especially since it had tumbled unexpectedly and totally out of control.

"Arjun and I, we started off being classical business rivals, we booted at each other, bared our fangs, cut each other’s deals. You name it we did it, it wasn't just a competitive thirst," he looked at Arjun and smiled, “what can I say I hated his handsome face."

Arjun laughed loudly, “Why thank you, Ethan. Knowing that has cleared my conscience, now I can die a happy man."

Radhika simply looked at the two men, at their companionable relationship, this was the first time she realized they weren't just partners but friends, who respected and adored each other. It was confusing to her, what was happening? These two men who she had thought to be enemies were now joking and standing in front of her as if they were best of friends.

She blinked. She had to retain her focus if she wanted to learn the story.

"Then one fine morning, I saw him sitting in a hotel lobby, my decision to join him that day could be heralded to be a colossal choice," Ethan continued, smugness seeping in his voice.

"Hey, unfair, that's undeserved credit," Arjun blurted out and had every intention to add his own opinion but Radhika's scowl shut him up for good. He mumbled a half -hearted sorry.

Arjun joked to lighten the tense atmosphere, he knew it must be puzzling for Radhika, but he had not hidden things from her because he didn’t trust her but because he was scared of her safety. After all, he couldn’t just put his love in danger, in the line of fire. He hoped and prayed she would understand that when the shock that had temporarily shut off her system faded, he was sure accusations would be made, and he did have the explanations, but knowing her, her ego, it would be a humongous task to make her understand his point of view.