Chapter 19- A Storm Is Brewing

Recap: 

“Where did you get that?” I whispered staring at it in surprise.

She pulled it from her face and closed it looking ashamed. “It was lying right here on your dresser next to me and I was curious. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to pry. If would have thought that it contained something so sentimental I would have never looked.”

“No, it’s fine. I wasn’t trying to hide it. In fact, I haven’t even read it yet,” I said in a daze.

She was flabbergasted. “You haven’t? Why?” She stood up from the chair and brought it over to me. “Here. I think you should see it. I know I would want to.”

With the book placed gently in my hands, I gulped. Whatever got her so worked up was definitely something that interested me. But at the same time I was also nervous.

With my eyes staring at the page before me, Aiden’s words were spilled out, staring back at me, begging me to read them.

And so, I did.

Dear, Bay....

Chapter 19- A Storm Is Brewing

Dear Bay,

I’ve sat here trying to come up with a hundred different ways to tell you this, but I just can’t seem pick one. As long as you know how I feel, that is good enough for me.

It’s been a week since I left you standing there in the middle of the road and I just can’t get your broken features out of my mind. I can barely live with myself knowing how much I hurt you.

I tried so hard to tell you what you meant to me before I left, but we were interrupted and then I chickened out. I also didn’t feel like it was right to tell you these things and then leave you. So, I decided to write them in your year book and hopefully one day you can read this for yourself because that’s means I will have seen you again. That’s all I could hope for even if you don’t feel the same.

You were mine since the day I first saw you. Although, now, it means something a little more than it did then, I still feel the same. You are mine, if you want to be. And I left, what was mine, behind. If it were up to me, I never would have left you. I would have taken you with me and kept us together forever.

I love you, Bay; more than anything in this world, or any other. And right now, I’m sitting here hoping I have not freaked you out yet.  I don’t know if you feel the same as me, and if you don’t, I guess that’s okay. I don’t want to pressure you into anything. I just want you to know how I feel.

One day, Bay, I’ll come back for you and tell you these things. Whether it be by this book or in person. I realize this may have completely destroyed our relationship by my confession, but it is all for you. I couldn’t keep you in the dark any longer. You deserved to know.

So I guess what I’m asking is, will you, Bay? Will you be mine forever?

If not, then just tear up this page and erase it from your mind, if that’s possible. And I’ll try to do the same, though it won’t b easy. However, if you do feel the same, and want me too, than please tell me. It does not matter where I am, what time it is, or what I’m doing, find me. Tell me you feel the same and make me the happiest person in the world. It will be worth it to me.

Yours always, Aiden.

By the end of the note I found myself unable to breathe and in need of some air. The room was starting to spin from my tremendous shock. Sure, I knew Aiden loved me, he had told me that already. But this is more. It means more. He spilled everything out this page and I could feel the emotions behind his words.