Chapter 7- Call Me Cupid

Dear Journal,

One word, jealousy.

Wikipedia Definition of Jealousy-

An emotion that typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, particularly in reference to a human connection. Jealousy often consists of a combination of presenting emotions such as anger, resentment, inadequacy, helplessness and disgust.

I hate it. In fact, I hate that word. Even though that was exactly what I was feeling today when Sage, Coleen and Charity were excessively flirting with Aiden, I didn’t want to admit it. Partly because I had no reason to be….jealous.

 If Aiden and I were just friends then I shouldn’t care that he had pretty girls flocking over him all day. I should just be a friend and be happy for him, right?

So why couldn’t I be?

Why was I such a terrible friend? I shouldn’t be so possessive of him. He should be able to date or flirt with whoever he wants.

I just wish this feeling would just go away.

Maybe when Cam’s back this thing I’m feeling for Aiden will be over.

Speaking of Cam, I found out his grandma passed away today and he will be flying back after the funeral on Wednesday. Turns out, he’ll actually be at school on Thursday instead of Friday.  ONLY THREE MORE DAYS!

He’s still not showing any emotion over his loss, but I figure he’ll come around when he wants to. Maybe they really didn’t have any connection like he said. I guess I just find it hard to believe because I had relationships with both of my grandparents.

On another note, there is a totally awesome party coming up this weekend that’s being thrown by Sage. Yeah…I’m not really too excited about it. I’m not exactly crazy about parties as it is, but now that my frenemy is the host, it makes me suddly want to come down with the flu until it's over

I’d much rather be sitting at home watching Gilmore Girl reruns till two am than subject myself to one more party. I still haven’t gotten that beer stain out of my pink dress since the last time. Maybe I should send the dry cleaning bill for it to Hayden Bennett. It was completely his fault after all.

If I knew Cam didn’t want to go this party then I wouldn’t even think of showing up, but he never misses these for anything. I don’t know if it’s due to keeping up appearances or just because he actually enjoys them. Either way, we had different opinions when it came to them.

I guess I’ll just be the good girl friend, as always, and go to this one. I’m not about to let him go it alone. Not with Sage on the prowl. She’s had he sights on Cam for as long as I can remember. That might actually be the reason she doesn’t like me.

However, it isn’t my fault he asked me out. I didn’t even know Sage at that time. Charity finally told me about it a few months ago, that sage had a crush on him since middle school. That is a long time to be crushing on someone! If that doesn’t show dedication I don’t know what does.

Is it even healthy to have a crush that long? How long before it becomes an obsession? In this case I don’t think it’s far off.

I hate that to say that about a person but something about her just sets me off. I don’t think we’ll ever be friends. No…we are just friends of friends. Sharing mutual friends isn’t exactly a reason for me to warm up to her.