Chapter 13

I wanted to give you all a special treat!  Dear God has reached over a 1K reads!  Comment and vote tell me what you think.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Normal POV

I knew that Brian was right someone needed to talk to Michelle. I knew that what Brian said was true. I hid it really well when Steve would hit me, so I know Michelle is hiding it too. Steve has a real mean streak especially when he drinks. What really got me mad was that he was finally taking it out on the boys. I would always protect them so he never hit them ever. Evidently Michelle doesn't do that or she doesn't know how. It seemed that the boys never did anything wrong in Steve's eyes just me. I have never told Brian about what Steve did to me and I don't think I could ever tell him. I don't fear him leaving me but I fear losing him because I know he would kill Steve if he ever found out that I let Steve beat me for all of our marriage. That is the real reason my family disowned me. When they tried to force me to leave Steve after the first black eye. It's also the reason that I refuse to be alone with Steve now.

I don't think that I have the strength to talk to Michelle myself and I know that she won't talk to me nor her sister, because I didn't. Even though I know what she is going through if Steve hasn't changed. I really believe that she would open up to Brian more than me.

“Babe why should I talk to her?” Brian asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

“I don't think she will tell Val what is really going on. I think she would tell you because no matter what happened between you two she still loves you and knows that you would protect her.”

“I don't want to her to get the wrong idea about things. I don't want her to cause any drama and stress you out during your recovery. I really think that Val is the best option.”

I had to get him to see that he was the one that would get her to tell him the truth without telling him the truth. Him going to jail would stress me out even more.

“If I was in Michelle's shoes I wouldn't tell my sister because I would be ashamed, but I would tell someone that I know would not tolerate a man beating his wife, and that is you. Baby you would protect any woman whether you know her or not. That is just your nature and I love you for that. I never thought in a million years that I would ever find someone who loved me and my boys as much as you do. I'm a very lucky woman. I also know that no one could ever say anything to make me doubt your love for me. I could never even question it. You could have let me leave and never look back, but you didn't you made every effort to make me see just how much you love me. I just know that she will need some one who can protect her if he is truly beating her and you are just the man for the job.” God I hope he doesn't see through my facade. I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but love for me. The next thing I know his lips were gently on mine. In that kiss there was passion, love and adoration. He pulled away all to soon. Resting his forehead on mine.

“Alright I will talk to her. But only because you have so much faith in me. And I'm the lucky one to have a woman like you who loves me so much.” He said kissing me once again trying to convey his love to me. We were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Brian said as he finished putting my shoes on for me.

“Well Tari are you ready to go home?” She asked.

“Doc I've been ready since the day you admitted me.”

“Well before I discharge you we need to talk about the test results.” She stated waving a folder around.

Brian sat next to me and we waited for her to tell us what was going on.

“Well the good news is that I got every bit of the tumor out. The bad news it was cancerous. I'm sorry Tari. I am going to start you on chemotherapy treatments next week. I don't know how much the cancer has spread so until your levels are where they should be then you will be done with the chemotherapy.”