Chapter 4

Today was the family dinner to tell everyone that we were getting married. I had the boys for the weekend so we had talked about not saying anything about my cancer until the next week. Dinner was at Gena and Zacky’s house this week. So I knew everyone would have fun. We arrived around ten in the morning so that I could help Gena if she needed it. Then we would need to leave to go to our appointment with our attorney to sign our papers that were ready.

As Brian pulled into the driveway and we noticed that everyone was already there. We got out of the car and walked around to the back. I stopped about half way. Brian noticed asking me if I was alright. I shook my head no. I was so scared that it would slip out some how from one of us that I was sick. He must have seen the fear in my eyes.

“Babe stop worrying everything will be fine. The boys, Matt, Val and I all know that you want to wait. We are not going to say anything about the cancer just the engagement tonight.” He said rubbing my arms up and down. I took a deep breathe and nodded. We turned and walked to the backyard joining my sons and our family. Suzy and Papa Gates were the first to greet us with hugs. But before I could say anything Suzy saw my ring and squealed “OH MY GAWD.” Everyone turned and looked at us. Suzy was still holding my left hand when Papa Gates looked at Brian.

“Mom, dad everyone Tari and I have an announcement to make.” Everyone crowded around us and Brian pulled me closer to him. With the biggest smile showing on his face he announce “Tari and I are getting married.”

Everyone huddled up in a group hug. There was a lot of ‘it’s about time’ and ‘congratulations’. We all started talking about what the wedding. Suzy said that she wanted to have an engagement party for us. All the girls agreed with her and we all started going into planning mode. Brian and the guys were over by the grill talking about how it took him long enough to make an honest woman out of me.

“Where are you going to have the wedding Tari?” Gena asked.

“I don't know maybe have a destination wedding, I'm not sure that is why I have all of you to help me plan everything.” I laughed, everyone was so happy then all of a sudden I had a sharp pain in my neck and I crumbled to the ground holding my neck. Brian was by my side on the ground in an instant. He looked into my eyes seeing the pain I was in and scooped me up taking me to the couch in the house. Everyone was following but Matt and Val stopped them. Saying that we needed our privacy.

“Babe what’s wrong, where does it hurt?”

“I don’t know what happened I just had this real sharp pain in my neck.” The pain was so bad I couldn’t even stand.

“Maybe I should take you to the ER or call your Doctor.” He said fishing into his pockets for his phone while still holding one of my hands. I gripped his hand tight as the pain surged through my neck.

He got a hold of my doctor who said she would meet us at the ER. Brian went out and told Matt that where we were going and I heard everyone saying that they were all going with us. Brian came back and scooped me up from the couch. Matt opened the back door of his car so Brian could put me in. Everyone got in their cars and we took off with Brian holding me tight. I was so scared that this was going to be it. I looked into Brian's eyes as I started to drift. It was only a few seconds later I heard him yell "Hurry Matt, babe stay with me don't leave me!" Then everything was black.

___________________________________________________________________

Okay so here is a short upload for you.  *ducks and covers* 

If you would like another upload tonight to find out what happens here what I am hoping for ENCOURGEMENT.  Vote and Comment could I at least get 6 votes and comments?  If so I will update!  The first one to vote and comment (in the comment you have to say you voted) will get a prize from me!  Tanna