Chapter 8

Well here is another chapter from Brian's POV.  I hope you like hearing Brian's thoughts.  I hope and pray that you all will comment and vote letting me know what you think.  If you think I can improve in my writing in any way let me know.  I want to hear your thoughts.  Be my muse. 

Love to you all.

Here we go!!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________

So far Tari has been in surgery for almost 6 hours. Everyone has left to get food except me and the boys. I was looking at Tari's engagement ring, that she made me take off of her so that no one would steal it. When Jimmy and I saw it, I knew it was the one for her. I never thought that it would look so plain not being on her finger. The jeweler description of it was 'Unique black titanium rings made for a unique couple.' Yes I said rings, I bought her engagement ring and the matching wedding band as a set. Her engagement ring is a large white marquise cut diamond solitaire that sits above the ring which has tiny pave diamonds set into it on each side. Her wedding band has a similar motif that includes more pave diamonds. Mine features a tiny white emerald cut diamond flanked by tiny pave diamonds on a black titanium ring. She loves her engagement ring so I know she will love it the bands too. I was brought out of my thoughts when Alec asked me a question.

“Dad, its been so long are you sure she is alright?” I know the boys are scare hell I am too. So I stood up and turned around to face my sons.

“You know that this is a tricky surgery and they need to take their time to make sure that mom makes a full recovery with no complications. She is going to be fine we have to believe in that, alright.” I said to them.

“Yes dad.” They said in unison. I opened my arms to them and had a group hug with them. That's when the phone rang. I stood and answered it.

“Hello.”

“I'm looking for the family of Tari Kelley?” The nurse asked.

“Yes this is Brian her Fiance. How is she?”

“Brian, we have successfully removed the tumor from her spinal cord. She is stable now.”

“What do you mean she is stable now?” Oh god please let everything be alright.

“There was a moment where Tari coded, but we got her back.”

“Oh god.” I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

“Brian she is alright we are moving her to recovery now and then the doctor will be out to speak to you.”

“Thank you.” I hung up the phone and then looked at the boys who were practically crying.

“She's alright boys they are moving her to recovery now. The doctor will be down in a little while to talk to us. So I am going to go call everyone to come back.” I told them as I hugged them tight.

“Dad do you want me to call Uncle Matt and tell him while you call Papa and Gigi?” Alec asked.

“Sure that would be very helpful Alec. Jackson can you call your Uncle Zack? I believe that Aunt Leana is with Matt and Val. I also think that your Uncle Johnny and Aunt Lacy are with Zack and Gena. Lets get them all back here within the next 20 minutes.” They both nodded and we all pulled out our phones. I walked out the door to call my parents.

“Dad she's out of surgery and headed to recovery the doctor should be here in the next 20 minutes to tell us how it went.”

“That's great son. So what aren't you telling me?” Damn I hate that he knows when something is wrong.