Chapter 1

~~~FLASHBACK June-2010~~~

I had been have really bad headaches for a few months nearly every waking moment. Brian insisted that we go to a doctor to see what was wrong. He always has to do that because I hate doctors. Now he knows why I do. That only lead to the worst day of my life. He couldn't be with me when they told me that I had a cancerous tumor at the base of my neck attached to my spine, that was causing my headaches. Without treatment I had six months to a year to live. I was devastated. To think that I was going to be dying and leaving the ones I love behind. Leaving my two sons and the love of my life behind.

I met Brian eight years ago but we started dating just three short years ago. That was when my life started getting better and my sons had a man they could look up to. As I thought about everything that morning I knew that there was no way I could let them go through this pain. So I made up my mind that my sons would go live with their dad and I would let Brian go.

I drove home with my resolve strong and in check, repeating my mantra its for the best. I called my ex-husband informing him that the boys would need to stay with him until the next weekend because I wasn’t feeling very well, he understood. He knew about my headaches and having two teenage boys plus a rock star boyfriend, I needed peace and quiet for the headaches to go away. But he had no idea about what the doctor had told me. No one would know just me and my doctor that was all.

Brian was in the studio recording so I could easily go home pack my bags and go to our other house without him knowing.

After my bags were packed I sat down and wrote Brian a letter.

Brian -

I can't live like this anymore. All the girls hanging on you all the time and the death glares. It's too much stress for me. I think they are the reason for my headaches. Doc agrees that the headaches are being caused by too much stress. I will pick up the rest of mine and the boys stuff after you leave on tour. That way you will never have to see me or the boys again.

Love Forever Tari

With that I grabbed my bags and left.

A few hours later my cell start ringing "Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold. I ignored it because only one person had that ring tone...Brian. It's our song, well its the families song whenever the guys leave for tour. They wrote it for the women in their lives, so we know how much they love US and think about US when we can't go with them.

Not even five minutes later I heard Miranda Lambert's "Only Prettier" went off...Val. I answered it. "Hey girl." I said then held the phone at arms length knowing that she's going to yell at me. "What the fuck Tari! You left Brian? You love him so I know the reason you told him 'its the stress' is BULLSHIT! So what is really going on?" She yelled.

"Val please your yelling isn’t helping this massive headache of mine."

"Where are you and I'm sorry." She asked without yelling this time.

"I can't tell you because you'll tell Bri and if I see him I will be to coward to do this."

"If I promise not to say anything and come to you will you tell me what is really going on?"

"Only if you sister swear promise."

"I Valary Sanders sister swear promise to my sister Tari Kelley to Not tell anyone where I am going or who I will be with."

"Perfect. I'm at the beach house." I knew she would not say anything because she knows that if I make her SSP its serious.

"Sweet be there in thirty." A sister swear promise is sacred amongst us women/sisters in the Avenged Sevenfold family. We take care of each other when the guys are on the road and we can’t go with them. We are each others confidants and when we have something that we need to keep secret we swear on the sisterhood. It must have been half an hour because the banging on the front door started. I went and opened it to be tackle hugged by Val.