22. Never let go

The places in California were something new even to my eyes. I’ve never once shopped, played or fool around here. Doing this with Takeshima is quite refreshing.

“Whoa! Cute!” I said, looking at the small white bear key chain. I’ve always been a fan of cute bears. In fact I have loads of them back in Japan.

“Is it?” he said.

“Uhn!”

“We’ll get this one.” He told the seller and paid with cash. “Here.” He said, handing it to me.

“Eh? You bought it for me?” I said, he nodded.

“Yeah. It’s for you.” He said.

Whoa! Oh my gosh! It’s like so cute! And it’s the only one left.

I jumped into him and hugged him tightly, kissing him on the cheeks. “Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I love it! I thought of refusing it but it’s a must-have!!! Weee! I love it!”

“Hey! Hey! Calm down.” He said, trying to get me off.

I noticed it and almost jumped out of his arms. I blushed. I think I over-reacted right just then.

“Erm—sorry.” I said, looking down. “It’s just—“ I didn’t get to finish whatever I wished to say, people were shouting that there was a thief. Someone bumped me and I collided with Takeshima, our lips touched.

“He’s right there!” a woman shouted, the cop with her.

The one who bumped me was the thief. He got caught.

“Um—let’s go.” Takeshima said.

“Okay.” I said and followed him.

We were getting further out of the crowded places. We went near the river to have some rest.

“Ack! I’m so tired of walking.” I said as I stretched my legs. I yawned.

“You want to take a nap?” he asked. I nodded. “Come here.”Eh?

“What?” I asked.

“Come sit beside me. You can use my lap as pillow.” He said. Er—

“Umm—“ I really don’t know if I should decline or not.

“Come on. You’re tired with that right?” he said.

“Er—no. Not really—“ I yawned.

“Lying? Come here.” He said, I blushed as I came to him.

His lap was really comfortable that I closed my eyes to relax.

“You’re fast asleep?” he whispered. I didn’t answer and a moment after that, he kissed me. When I didn’t move to push him away, he still continued. I opened my eyes, he got startled. His face flushed, moving away. I pulled his collar, his face close to mine.

“Hey! Takeshima. Why did you do that for?” I said.

“I—I thought you were sleeping.” He stammered.

“Tell me. How much do you like me?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you the extent. But I’m sure I don’t want to be just friends with you.” He said, his eyes look serious and determined.

His words since the first day I met him convey the same thing. Maybe it’s just me but I think that it’ll change soon.

I’ve already figured after reading so much Shoujo manga that loving a person makes your life difficult. It was fine when you just like someone in the sidelines but if you think of wanting more of it then you’ve got to be ready to face the obstacles especially if the guy you like is so popular that a fan club is formed for him.

Even Ryu had to take on all those guys who admire Ran. Ran even had to prove to the girls that she’s well-suited to Ryu. And that’s when they already became a couple. Kana and Jun had to hire body guards for six months after they became a couple. Stalker fans didn’t approve of them at first.

About me. I don’t think it’ll go that far. I’m not really well-known. People know my name only on the Sports world. But they even criticize me because I’m half-foreign blood.

And if it’s Takeshima, it might become difficult. I heard a girl once said that the girl Takeshima should end up with is similar to a Japanese princess that would suit their prince. Thinking about that, I’m definitely far from pure Japanese and princess.

It might be best to not venture into love yet. There’s also a reason behind the challenges given to the suitors. It’s to make them give up. I agreed to take their challenges with the thought of defeating them in mind. Takeshima was the only one who defeated me. But I’m having qualms whether I should start liking him. Since it was just because of my defeat, I don’t think it’s enough reason to like someone. Anyway, we’re not living in some barbaric country.

“Heh—Takeshima. Just so you know, I haven’t fallen for you.” I said to him, getting up.

“Oh? But I really thought that you’re starting to like me since you didn’t object when I kissed you.” He said, smiling.

W-what? Ugh! He’s so full of himself.

“It was just a kiss. It’s pretty normal.” I said, acting indifferent. Actually, kisses are something I don’t do with anyone.

“Really? If it’s so normal then how about kissing me now?” he said. Grr—he really wants me to prove it. Fine!

“Tch!” I grabbed his collar and pulled him close, giving him a smack on the lips.

“What? That’s what you call a kiss? That wasn’t even close to yesterday’s.” he complained.

But if I waver now, he’ll think that I was just saying all those things. Even if this is vexing, if it’s Takeshima then I guess it’ll be okay. I might be making a selfish move. Right now, I just want to keep him close by.

I touched his face, lips and looked into his eyes. As I got near his lips, I closed my eyes and kissed him like when he kissed me in the crowded place yesterday. It felt hot, strange and really passionate.

I might have thought that I can give up doing this charade but I thought twice. Maybe, we should slow down a bit. We have all the time in the world.

I pulled away, giving him a soft kiss. I looked into his eyes. “This doesn’t mean I love you. I just like you. But even if I said that, it doesn’t mean I’m completely yours.”

He blushed. He looked so damn cute that I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Hey! Quit laughing!” he said as I got up. I still laughed so hard. He looked really red like a tomato.

“Hey! And what did you mean by what you said?” he asked, walking behind me.

I turned to face him. “Oh that? Hmm—I’m yours, partly.” I smiled. He blushed. I looked away, laughing.

“So sly.” He said.

>>yeah..yeah..I know..masyado bang pangit? corny much? basta! Let loose!!! hahaha<<<