8. And the winner is-

What’s this? It’s unbelievable. It hasn’t been 5 minutes and I’m already breathing really hard.

“Minami-san, are you ready to give up now?” Takeshima asked.

“No way! Huff!—Huff!—Huff! I refuse!” I said, breathless.

“Ah—hey. Does that mean she doesn’t like Takeshima?” a girl asked.

“Eh? It seems so. It looks like no matter how Takeshima-sama tries, Minami-san won’t want to lose to him.” Another girl answered.

“Hehe—It sucks to be disliked even with such a good face, huh?” some guy said out loud.

What are they talking about? It’s not like that! I just don’t want to lose.

“Tch! I couldn’t care less what you all say.” Takeshima murmured.

He attacked me from my side and grabbed my arm.

Noooo!

I tried to break free from his grip but I couldn’t. He was too strong for me.

My eyes became blurry and the next thing I knew, I was at the Infirmary room.

“Your awake?” Takeshima asked.

“Mmm—I guess I lost, huh?” I said, looking away.

“Well, yeah. For the first challenge, I passed right?” he said.

“It seems so.” I said. That’s right. This isn’t over yet. That wasn’t hell enough for him.

There’s so much more from where that came from.

The door opened. Ran and Kana came in.

“Looks like you’re feeling better already.” Ran-chan said.

“Not at all.” I said.

“Ehh? Why? Did this guy hurt you badly?” Kana-chan asked.

Just then, my stomach grumbled loudly. Takeshima’s eyes opened really wide. I blushed.

“So that’s it.” Ran-chan sighed. Takeshima chuckled.

I blushed more.

“Hey! Look! Mizuki-chan is really red like a tomato!” Kana-chan laughed.

“Oi! Oi!” Ryu-kun appeared. “I already made a reservation. Let’s go have dinner. I’m starved. Shouting for hours wasn’t easy, you know?!”

“Yeah! Yeah! Mizuki-chan get up. Takeshima-san, you come as well.” Ran-chan said.

“Ah! Yes!” Takeshima said.

Kana-chan called Jun-kun and invited him. This looks like a triple date when you look at it from the outside. Sheesh!

“Alright! Let’s eat!” Kana-chan said.

I munched the burger and drank my shake slowly, so as not to get an upset stomach.

“Ah! I’m stuffed.” I said.

“Eh? You’re just eating that much?” Takeshima asked, surprised.

“What’s the matter with how much I ate, huh?” I said.

“Nothing. I guess I expected you more of a big eater. As an athlete, you must be burning fats constantly. But you have such a small diet.” He said.

I stared at him. “You want to look at someone who eats like a king?” I asked. “Then look at Kana.” He looked and found many plates piled up in front of Kana and yet, Kana looked so demure while eating.

“Huh? But she’s a model, isn’t she?” Takeshima asked.

“Simple. Her metabolism is faster that any others. So she’s free to eat as much as she wishes to.” I said.

“Candies, anyone?” Ran-chan said, showing a pack of candies.

“No, thanks. My teeth will hurt. I already went to the dentist remember.” I said.

“How about you Kana-chan?” Ran-chan said.

“No, thanks. If I eat that, the food I’m eating now will have a different taste afterwards.” Kana-chan said.

“And you, Ryu, Jun and Takeshima-san?” Ran-chan offered.

“I’ll pass. I’m having soda.” Said Ryu.

“Mee too,” Jun seconded.

“Ah! I’ll have one.” Takeshima said.

“Here you go.” Ran-chan gave him one and finished the pack of candies in 5 minutes.

“S-she—“ Takeshima stammered.

“A sweet tooth.” I said.

Ryu-kun called the waiter and asked for the beers.

“Alright! To celebrate Mizuki-chan’s win over the girls and Takeshima’s over the boys, let’s have a toast!” Ryu said.

“Cheers!!!!”

“And for Takeshima’s success on the first challenge, let’s toast!”

“Cheers!” They toasted for that but I didn’t join in.

After two glasses of beer, I became dizzy. I still wanted to congratulate Takeshima but then I drifted to sleep.

In my dream, I found myself in an old classroom. The room was empty. The door opened and a girl came hurriedly inside, it was me.

“Where did I put it? I was sure I place it in the compartment.” I said. “Why isn’t it here? I’ve already looked in the locker.”

The door slammed open and a boy with red hair and red eyes came in.

“Hey! Are you looking for this?” he said, holding out my chewing gums.

“Ah! That’s mine.” I said.

“Here you go.” He tossed it to me. “I already got a piece of it. I did it without asking. Sorry.” He said flatly.

“Ah.” I said. I was so nervous all day long because I didn’t have my gum. I was afraid I’ll mess up on the speech laboratory.

“Where did you find it?” I asked.

“Somewhere.” He said.

After that conversation, I found out that the one who found my gum or rather took my gum was a girl from my class. She was the one who always competes with me when it comes to English Lit.

I looked for that boy. When I found him, he looked at me and smiled with the sun’s light making his red hair shine like flames.

I shouted “Ren-kun!”

The boy turned away, leaving me. I chased him but doors appeared and I became lost.

And then I woke up.