5. Take on the challenge

For everything that has happened on the beach that night, Ran and Kana now knew about it. For now it’s settled as me receiving a confession from a deranged fan. And that I won’t be seeing him again.

I believed Ran and Kana’s hypnotism until I was brought back to reality when he showed up at our school gate with a motorbike with him.

“Ack! That’s him.” I told Ran and Kana.

“Eh? That extremely good-looking guy with dark green hair and flawlessly white skin?” Kana exclaimed.

“How would you know that it’s flawless at this distance? We’re in the fourth floor.” Ran said.

“I just know it when I see one. Want a bet then?” Kana smiled, sheepishly.

“Uh—hey! Guys! Then how will you determine whose the winner?” I asked.

“Simple. We go near him.” Kana said.

“B-but! Didn’t I tell you that, that was the guy at the beach?!” I said.

“Yeah. You did. But don’t you think that it’s time? The only way to make him give up or know that he’s being truthful is to challenge him.” Ran said.

“EEEEEEhhhhhhhh?!!!!!”

The words that came out of Ran’s mouth were so unbelievable. I couldn’t possibly make him do it. I mean, there’s no point in doing it. He might have said those words that night because of the spur of the moment.

Ran and Kana dragged me to the school gate. “Noooooooooo!!!!!!! I don’t want to!” I kept on shouting.

“You’re coming. It’s only fair. It’s our time to determine a good suitor for you.” Ran and Kana said. God! They looked so evil. I might die!

The crowd of girls became thick surrounding the guy with the motorbike.

“Kyaaaaaaaa! He looks like an idol! Oh my God! He’s just like some prince!”

“Yeah! And those lips are very luscious!”

“He’s also tall like a foreigner!”

“And he’s body is so hot!”

I gulped. Just hearing those screams from the girls make me nervous. Am I going to get bullied if they’ll know that this guy confessed to me? Nooo!! I just want a normal high school life!!!!!

This guy!!! It’s his fault! He destroyed it! My dream to live normally! Is now lost!

“Ah! Minami Mizuki-san! You’re here. Do you have some free time? Let’s go to the movies!” He said over the crowd. The girls silenced and looked my way.

Noooooooo!!!!!! I’m doomed!

Their piercing glares stabbed me a million times. They’re sending me to my deathbed through their vibes. Someone! Please save me!

“You girls! Stop glaring at Mizuki-chan!” Kana-chan said.

The glares wavered. I can finally breathe normally.

“Th-thanks Kana-chan” I stammered.

“So it’s you. The guy who confessed to Mizuki.” Ran-chan said, giving him a sharp look.

“Yes. I’m that guy. I’m Takeshima Masato, 1st year class A Seisou Gakuen. Nice to meet you.” He said.

“Hmm—get over here.” Ran said, in a commanding tone. He obediently did as he was told. Ran examined him. “Hmm—looks like I lost to you today Kana.”

What the--? That bet again?

“Tee-hee—I knew that he was flawless.” Kana said.

Guys! Please be serious!

I screamed in my mind as my knee gave in.

“Ack! Minami-san.” Takeshima held my shoulders and pulled me up. “Are you alright?” he asked.

Huh? His eyes. Those eyes are like a tiger’s so fierce. And yet, they’re looking at me with worry. I shook my head as I erased those thoughts. I forced myself to stand up, leaning on Ran’s shoulder.

“What exactly are you doing?” I asked.

“Didn’t I tell you? I said I won’t give up that easily.” He said, confidently.

Ran and Kana laughed.

“Huh?” he looked surprised.

“Well then—let’s see how long you can take the hell-like obstacles. You might just be bluffing when you said those words to Mizuki.” Ran said.

“I’m serious.” He said, looking in my eyes. I looked away.

“So you’re saying you’re willing to take orders from each of us until we approve of you as Mizuki’s suitor. Every guy has to go through this first until we’re sure that Mizuki here is in good hands.” Ran said.

“Yes. I understand.” He said.

“Huh? You seem like you’re so prepared. What’s with the confidence?” Kana asked.

“Your Spartan-like way of determining your friend’s best suitor is well-known among the boys.” He said.

“Tch!” Kana said. “Well, Mizuki-chan, is it okay to do this to him?” Kana asked.

“Do whatever you want.” I said, looking away.

Kana and Ran smiled.

“Finally, a challenge to get Mizuki. You’re the 18th one yet. Tee-hee” Kana-chan said.

“Eighteenth?!” The girls said in sync. Takeshima just smiled.