15. Who's that guy?

“Takeshima-san, take over the counter.” The manager said.

“Yes, sir.” I said.

“One cheese burger and a soda.” A costumer ordered. “Like I said Ryu, I’m going to Australia with Kana and it seems like Ran-chan is coming with us.”

“Huh? Wait a minute. I’ll call Ran right now.”

I looked and saw Kobayashi Ryu, Mori-san’s boyfriend and Matsumoto Jun, Hibino-san’s boyfriend.

“Ah! You’re Takeshima, right?” Matsumoto-san noticed.

“Yes. One cheese burger and a soda, right? Is that all?” I asked.

“Ah! Wait.” He said. “Hey Ryu! Come here for a sec. What will you order?”

“Um—Cheese burger and soda. Ah! Takeshima? Um—let me finish this.” He said, continuing his phone call.

“So that’s two cheese burgers and two sodas, that’d be  **** yen.” I said.

“Here.” Matsumoto said, handing the cash.

“Ah—Ran said she’d go ‘cause they’ll meet up with Mizuki-chan.” Kobayashi said, putting his cell phone inside his pocket.

Wait. Did they just say Mizuki-chan? In Australia?

“Er—Excuse me. Did you just say she’s in Australia?” I asked them.

“Yeah. Ran said she’s been there since two days ago.”Kobayashi said.

“Yeah. Visiting her grandmother, it seems.” Matsumoto said.

“Ah—“ She left after that night.

“So I’m going with you.” Kobayashi said to Matsumoto.

“Huh? Well, I don’t mind.” Matsumoto said.

“Great.” Kobayashi said, excited.

“Um—when will you leave for Australia? Here’s your order.” I said.

“Eh? Um—probably less than two weeks after this. Why do you ask? You want to send something for Mizuki-chan?” He chuckled.

“No. I want to go with you.” I said. It doesn’t matter, as long as I get to spend it with her.

“Ah—okay.” Kobayashi said, dumbfounded. “I’ll tell Ran.”

“But please keep it a secret from Minami-san until we meet.” I said. I’m afraid she’ll say I’m not allowed to go there.

“Oh—alright. No problem. We’ll contact you about plane tickets and such so give me your number.” Kobayashi said.

“Ah—here.” I entered my cell phone number in his cell phone.

For the past few days, I worked overtime in the food court. And finally, the day before our departure came.

“Father, I’m going to Australia for a quick vacation. I’ll be home before school starts.” I said.

“Hmm-? Australia? Why there?” He asked.

“I’ll be meeting a friend.” I said. Well, that’s not completely a lie, right? Knowing my father, he’ll just say it’s scandalous if I’ll say I’m going to see a girl.

“You have everything prepared?” he asked.

“Yes. I already bought tickets.” I said.

“Then do as you wish. Just behave yourself.” He said.

“Yes, father.” I said and shut the door close behind me.

The travel to Australia seemed really long. I get anxious for some reason. I have to spend my time with her, to make her understand even a little about my feelings.