Chapter Fifteen: Reunited and It Feels So Wrong (Part 1)

(back to) Emma’s P.O.V.

            It’s dark when I open my eyes. I can’t see a thing. I swish my arms out in front of me, but only cold air reaches back. A sudden chill streaks through me and I’m left with the feeling that I’m not alone anymore.

            I try to turn around, but nothing changes. It’s still pitch black. There’s no walls, no ceiling, no floor, no nothing.

            “Hello?” I call out, but the nothingness silences me.

            “Emma.” Comes a soft whisper in my ear. I swiftly turn but my eyes are useless.

            “Hello?” I repeat, my voice becoming frantic. “W-who’s there?”

            “Emma, it’s me. Don’t you remember me?” The gentle whisper from before sounds angry.

            “I-I don’t know…” I stutter, concentrating on the voice. It does sound vaguely familiar.

            “What about me?” A new, gruff voice chimes in. “Do you know who I am?”

            The two voices intertwine and together they ask me once more, “Do you remember me, Emma darling?”

            Suddenly, light bursts into view. It’s blinding. It’s magnificent.

            Two people stand before me, glowing. I rub my eyes, trying to make out their features. Their silhouettes are holding hands. I squint my eyes, straining to see.

            Suddenly I gasp. “M-mom? Dad?”

            And there they were. The two people who had given me life. They two people who had loved me dearly. The two people that had died just weeks ago.

            “What are you doing?” I say, my voice shaking. Silent tears stream down my cheeks.

            “We’ve come for a visit.” My mom smiles.

            “We miss you.” My dad sighs.

            “I miss you too!” I cry, unable to repress my longing for them. “I’m not the same anymore. I’m so alone. Please. Take me with you. I-I can’t stand to be here any longer.”

            My mom’s trilling laughter echoes through my ears.

            “I’m sorry, but it’s not that easy,” She sings. “There’s something you have to do first.”

            “What? What is it? I’ll do anything. Just…please.” I beg, reaching out my hand to feel their touch once more.

            “Do you really want to know?” My dad teases.

            “Yes!”

            “You have to die first.” His words hung heavy and suddenly, my parents were shifting, morphing into something else.

            My eyes couldn’t make out what was happening, but suddenly a low growl ripped through the air. From the shadows, more rumbling was heard. I back up, tripping on my own feet and falling.

            What used to my parents becomes clearer; out steps a giant wolf, fangs showing. Saliva drips from its mouth and its eyes glow a hungry yellow. It snarls and a chorus of roars comes from behind it. I try to scream, to run. But I’m frozen, staring at what was my parents just moments ago.

            The massive creature steps over me, trapping me. I keep my gaze and fear vibrates my whole body. My crying becomes audible as I begin to see my demise. The other beasts step up as well, all watching me.

            Everything goes silent and the light begins to dissipate. Suddenly, they lunge.

To be continued…

********

What’s up?! So, this is just a teaser for Chapter 15. I decided to play around with the tenses, if you didn’t notice. I will be updating this soon!