Chapter Thirty- Two.

I ran my hands down the side of my dress, staring at the girl in the mirror. That couldn’t be me. Her hair was in perfect soft waves, falling around her face and down her back in thick black waves. Her makeup was perfection, heavy smoky eye that made her blue eyes stand out like gems with nude lips.

Her dress clung to every curve, moulding to her like a black, lacy second skin. Her legs stretched for miles in sky high black heels and her skin looked creamy and smooth.

I touched my face and the girl in the mirror did the same; it was me. I stared at my exposed shoulders, my eyes running over the silver scars littering my skin; they were fading.

Davy walked to stand next to me in a stunning golden dress that fitted to her curves and trailed to a beautiful transparent material just above her knees. Her vibrant blue hair was in a faux wavy bob and she looked amazing.

“We look so good.” She said, smoothing a hand over the fabric of her dress. “Thank you for bringing me.”

“Thanks for standing by me; as my friend and my beta.” There was a knock at the door and Davy walked over to answer it.

“Wow Jen.” The boy’s breathed as they walked in. Ace and Hansel were going together and Hunter was escorting Davy while Will would be my date for tonight, since my stupid, stubborn, devastatingly handsome mate ditched me.

“You guys clean up well.” I said, smoothing a hand over their lapels.

“You look beautiful, as always alpha.” Will teased, kissing the back of my hand.

“Thanks Will.” I knew that he wasn’t interested anymore; we had fun but now we were friends, he knew I had a mate and he respected that.

“Come on guy, let’s go have some fun!” Davy cheered, taking the arm Hunter offered.

They left with Ace and Hansel. Will smiled down at me and touched the corner of my lip. “Cheer up buttercup, tonight’s meant to be fun! It’s not your funeral so lighten up luv.”

I forced a smile and took his arm as we walked out the door. As we drew closer to the throne room which doubled as a ballroom, the sound of loud chatter reached my ear and I could smell the scent of many wolves, hundreds.

I walked down the steps with Will as the orchestra played while beautiful women in fancy gowns and handsome men in tuxedos mingled. I gripped Will’s arm as we reached the bottom steps and were bombarded with people trying to talk to us, to me.

I saw Matt and Falon approaching and stepped forward to wish Falon a happy birthday someone pushed into my shoulder and I turned to glare at the woman who’d so obviously just hit me. She sneered and flicked her hair. “Watch where you’re going bitch.” She hissed.

I rolled my eyes and turned away, facing Matt and Falon who were both glaring at her. “That woman needs to learn respect.” Falon muttered. “Especially for you.”

I smiled and gave him a quick huge on his cheek. “Happy birthday princey.”

He chuckled and patted my back. “Thanks alpha. It’s been a great year and the ball is amazing!” He said loud enough for the people around us to hear.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, standing on my tip toes so I could reach his ear. “Is it really?”

“No I would rather have a movie night with tons of food and friends but my parents organised it.” He muttered and I heard Matt laugh. “It’s what we’d all prefer, so many of these wolves are so two faced.”  

“Well you’re the future king’s right hand man; you’ll have to get used to it. And you will, over time.”

“It sounds like you’re speaking from experience.” He said, watching me skeptically. “Have you gotten used to it? Running such a huge pack, fighting the other alphas off your territory and ‘dealing with them’ as you put it.”