Chapter Fourteen.

“Rule number one, is that you gotta have fun, but baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run. Rule number two, just don't get attached to somebody you could lose.”

I woke up to see Ace and Hansel sitting on a couch with each other, Will sitting by my bed with dad on my opposite side occasionally glaring at him, Keegan and Davy sitting on the floor near a bookshelf and Caleb, Miller, Hayden and the doc all scattered around the room.

I growled as I tried to sit up, throwing back the covers to find a thick white bandage wrapped around my middle. ”She’s awake!”

I growled at the thumping in my head and the heat coursing through me. I stood up, ignoring everyone’s complains and walked to the bathroom as fast as my legs could carry me, jumping into the shower and twisting the cold water knob.

I unwound the now soaked bandage and looked at my new scars for the first time. Thick puckered scars covered half of my left side and were bright pink, very fresh. It was obvious I’d had sticking on them with the small needle scar and I only hoped that they’d begin fading soon; though I have no doubt I would have them for the rest of my life as silver scars permanently.

When I felt myself cooling down I stepped out and slid on a robe nearby.

“How long was I out for?” I asked walking back into the room to see dad looking at me weirdly. “What?”

“You were asleep two days, we had to towel you down you got hot. We were all so worried because you had so much silver in your system that we couldn’t even touch your side and we had to feed you baby foods.” I raised an eyebrow as it didn’t explain the look in his eyes. “You’re just like your mother; her spirit and fight, in looks and temperament. You’re tough as nails, strong and you’ve proved to everyone that you’re more than my daughter, you’re an alpha and a born fighter.” I swear I saw tears in his eyes. “You killed that rouge and got so hurt but you suffered through it and potentially saved lives Jen.”

I looked around the room and realised that everyone had left. “Thanks dad, I’m going to have a pretty wicked scar though.” I said opening the gown to show him the scar. He grimaced and his nose scrunched up. “It’ll look pretty terrifying in wolf form.” I’d have thinner hair there and if you looked close enough you’d be able to see it.

He shook his head and stood, striding over to engulf me in a hug. “You have to be careful Jenna! You underestimate how precious you are; you can’t just jump into a fight with a rouge twice your size!”

I rolled my eyes and pulled away. “Dad he attacked me first! The only reason I’m ‘valuable’ as you put it is because I can shift and stupid fucking males just see me as something to make their children stronger!” I yelled. “I’m not a person to them, I’m something to fuck and then leave to bare some heirs!”

It was so frustrating hearing that people ‘valued’ me; I wasn’t an object, I wasn’t a brood mare, I was a woman, one who wouldn’t back down.

He sighed and ran a hand over his face. “Even if you couldn’t shift you’d still be valuable; you’re my daughter and you underestimate the love some people have for you. I’m just glad that you’re alright now; it killed me to have to hold you down and watch you in pain, sit here night and day wondering if you would live.”

My body was humming with heat and as I sat down I shut my eyes against the inferno raging inside me. I heard dad growl and something shattered.

When he stood I opened my eyes to look up at him; his face was murderous. “I will find the bastard who’s putting you through this and I will either kill him or make him watch as Will marks you; he doesn’t deserve you and he had his chance. Though I’m still not sure about William; he did let a rouge attack you.”