Chapter Four.

I growled as I felt someone nudging my side. I grabbed their hand and threw them over my head and into the opposite wall with ease. My time with Klaus and his pack had done me good- I was stronger, faster, deadlier. I sat up and glared at the person who dared disturb my sleep.

“Bit of an overreaction don’t you think Jen?” Hugo questioned as he sat up.

I had been here for two weeks and they hadn’t kicked me out yet, no matter how annoying I was. I trained with them all day every day and although it hurt it was worth it.

Hugo got up and dusted himself off before sitting on the edge of my bed. I studied his features; light green eyes like the grass in spring, dirty blonde hair, with rough stubble on his straight jaw, a slightly crooked nose, brown sloping eyebrows and pink lips.

“Why did you wake me up so early?” I asked, curling a strand of jet black hair around my finger absentmindedly.

A smile spread across his face and he stood. “You’re going to have to come and find out.”

I scowled at him and threw the covers back. I used my senses to sniff out Klaus- walking out of the room I’d claimed, down the stairs in a pair of his boxer shorts and a shirt and into the dining room. “What do you need to tell me that’s just so important that you had to wake me up on the only day I get a sleep in?” I asked Klaus snottily- they may have beat me into the dirt time and time again but I was still a brat.

“We want you to become an honorary member of our little gang; we even have a day full of joyful activities and delicious food down by the lake if you so choose to join us.” He said in a totally emotionless voice. The way he said it and described it made me laugh and I nodded.

“I’d love to.” I said happily. One thought really bought down my mood though. “But I can’t join your pack.”

“Why?” Max asked before Chris could elbow him.

I took the extra seat they’d bought out for me and rested my head on my arm. The conversation between Alex and Hunter the night I left had constantly been in the back of mind. I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall; I wouldn’t cry over someone who obviously doesn’t care for my welfare. “Because I am the only heir to the alpha position of my father’s pack- he won’t let me go that easy.” I took a deep breath and cleared my throat, giving them a sad smile. “Besides, he planned on pimping me out to some alpha so I’ll breed and he’ll have a male heir.” I spat. Growls sounded around the room and I saw cracks forming where Klaus was gripping the table. “But as long as I’m here, I’ll be an unofficial part of your group.” I said quickly, trying to get him to release the table.

He took deep breaths as Justin; his beta calmed him down a bit. Justin was slightly shorter than Klaus and almost as intimidating in stature. He had dark, spiky hair, stumble covering his jaw, deep black, almost soulless eyes, olive coloured skin and a crooked nose that had obviously been broken more than once.

“C’mon, I for one, fully intend to take advantage of a day free of training.” I said standing up with a forced, cheerful smile. One thing that really did lift my mood was the fact that when my father found me- because he would, he wouldn’t be able to force me into something. I could fight now, weeks of intense training with Klaus had ensured that.

-

The boys were all waiting for me at the lake as I slowly trotted up to them, content to observe my surroundings for once instead of race as usual.

My mind was plagued with worries; what if my father killed Klaus and his pack when he came? I knew that Klaus was my mate; neither of us had really talked about it but he was and I’d begun to enjoy being here.  I know that Alex probably would kill them if they ever met; he had a very low tolerance to rogues, lower even to hunters. God, he despised hunters; he would lead raids against the hunters, killing hundreds sometimes. He definitely didn’t have a problem killing anyone or anything, if it stood in his way.