Chapter Twenty- Eight.

“Don't push me, I'll fight it.”

Ten big black SUV’s pulled up the long, rocky driveway leading to my pack house. The entire pack was spread out in front of the house behind me and Davy, Hansel, Ace, Matthias, Hunter, Yiannis and Marti all stood in my peripheral vision.

The doors opened slowly and outstepped the royal guards. They were all outfitted in smart casual, dressy jeans, designer polo’s and leather boots but I knew that their looks were deceiving; they were lethal.

The middle car opened and four men stepped out, surveying the crowd before their gaze landed on me, standing tall and proud in front of my pack. Everyone was outfitted in their Sunday best; it wasn’t every day the king visited. I could tell my pack was excited, I however, was not. I’d made an effort though; it would be rude not to. I wore my pair of long leather pants, black singlet, fitted jacket with studded shoulders and a pair of strappy high heels.

One leg appeared from the car, then a second. His Royal Highness King Andrew Nightingale took his time getting out of the car, stretching his long legs as he surveyed us all.

I took a step forward a glared at the guard who stopped me, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms across my chest.

“Take off your jacket; we need to see if you’re hiding any weapons.”

I growled at his order and clenched my fists.

“Don’t worry Archer; if she wanted to kill me she wouldn’t need a gun.” I heard Nightingale approach by I shook my head.

“Oh no your highness,” I ground out, unzipping my jacket. “Wouldn’t want your dogs to think I was carrying a weapon.”

I slowly pulled off my jacket, showing them I wasn’t hiding anything, and then I handed it to Davy. I watched with a stony expression as their eyes widened and they stared at my exposed arms and chest, littered with nasty scars. “Shall we get you settled after your long flight?”  I asked, forcing politeness after they’d been openly gawking at my scars for a few minutes.

Nightingale nodded and a few of the guys from my pack helped unload while my betas showed them where they were staying.

I began walking into the house when my name was called. “Jenna!”

I spun around to see Matthias jogging towards me. “Nightingale said he wants a word.”

I snorted and shook my head. “Well he can bloody well find me himself.”

Matthias looked weary but nodded. “He is the king, maybe you should go to him?”

Crossing my arms I leant against the wall. “It’s my territory, my pack and my house; maybe he should show me a little respect. I won’t be walked over like carpet, I’m better than that and he needs to learn that before he begins thinking he can take my pack.”

He nodded with a grim expression and walked off. “I’ll send him to your office.”

-

I growled and ran a hand through my hair, the other on the steering wheel. Why couldn’t they just shift and run? Granted they would probably get lost or it’d take longer, but they could follow their noses.

I turned up the radio and drummed to the beat as I navigated my way. Why couldn’t he have sent one of his guards with one of my enforcers? I already knew the answer to that but if I focused on it too much, I would probably crash the car in anger.

Nightingale had asked me to pick up his sons purely to see if I was mated with one. He was hoping that since I have such a pure, powerful bloodline, that I would be mated to one of his sons who could then take over the pack; he’d have thousands of wolves who were loyal to him and his family.