Chapter Three.

I growled in frustration, pacing in front of the door, my stomach rumbling. I’d been in here for over a day and Klaus had made no move to let me out; in fact I could hear him and his stupid pack laughing from somewhere in the house right now.

I stopped suddenly and looked at the wall next to the door. Surely?

A small smile came over my face as I raised my foot and with all my strength kicked directly through the wall. Idiots; they’d spent so much time making sure that the door was secure that they’d left a plasterboard wall next to the door.

I pushed the plaster out of the way and ducked through the hole I’d made, covering me in white plaster dust as I passed through it. I walked to the end of the corridor, the house suddenly silent.

I strode towards the centre of the house, my stomach rumbling. I wanted food, in fact I was starving. As a newly shifted wolf I needed food to sustain my changing body. I wouldn’t run; I also had no idea where I was so I couldn’t just go running off, I could run into worse things than this bunch.

Strolling into a large room that seemed to serve as a a kitchen, living room and dining room, I was greeted by the sight of twelve men sitting around the table.  In front of them sat a huge platter of fruit and my mouth instantly watered as I looked at the bright, plump, juicy fruit.

I strode right up to the table, planted my butt on the edge and reached for a handful of grapes and a few strawberries. I moaned as I bit into a large strawberry and closed my eyes- I loved fruit, it was so sweet.

There were multiple growls that echoed around the room and I smiled as I opened my eyes, staring at the twelve males who were staring at various spots on the walls and floor.

It seemed that no matter what I did I rubbed Klaus the wrong way. He stood, and grabbed my wrist, dragging me out from the room. I dug my heels into the ground before he could take me out of the room completely and ripped my hand from his grip, growling at him- I don’t appreciate being manhandled. He turned to me growling, glaring at me and I snarled back. “You kidnap me while I am halfway through my first shift, you fight me when I first wake up, drag me back here when I run and then lock me in a room for hours!” I said stepping closer and poking him hard in the chest. “You expect me to sit in some room and starve while you eat with your buddies- I’m a werewolf and I need to eat!” I yelled. “And I’m so hungry I could eat a herd of cattle because you kept me in a room and didn’t feed me!”

With a huff I turned away and stole his seat at the table, stuffing my face with grapes- much to the amusement of the men around me. “Well don’t stop on my account.” I muttered as they all kept looking at me. I felt myself being lifted up and I squawked in indignation as Klaus took my, well his seat back and sat me down on his lap.

I frowned at him but didn’t move.

“We’ve not had female company in a long while,” My head snapped over to one of the men; a pretty boy. He had a really straight jaw, like he could probably cut glass with his jaw and piercing green eyes, a straight nose with wide nostrils and full lips- he was fairly attractive. His hair was short and ruffled, sitting over his forehead and a sandy brown colour. 

I rolled my eyes and swallowed the mouthful of grapes I had stuffed in my mouth. “No,” I said sarcastically. “I thought I was a man! Thank you for enlightening me!”

I heard a few snigger but he just smirked. “Such a wonderful mate you have Klaus.” I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic tone but was too busy tucking into the food to care.

-

“Wait!” I yelled after Klaus as he and his pack filed out the front door. “Where are you going?”