Chapter Twenty- Three.

I could hear them outside; car doors slamming, shouts of a ‘good hunt’ and the stench of silver were all good indicators.

I knew that they’d probably bought back some local wolves and I knew that it could work to my advantage; their pack would come looking for them and if they were rouges, it meant a few more men to help take down these bastards.

I’d had bound myself back in those chains; though this time, I wasn’t starving and I wasn’t injured. They’d been gone for over ten hours and by the seventh we’d been ready.

The chains felt like pins and needles wherever they touched instead of the sharp burning pain I had once felt. I heard Cole talking to them before the sounds of hundreds of footsteps came my way.

Everyone had protested when I’d gone back down there but I knew that they wouldn’t come into the lion’s den without a good push; that good push being that I had dropped dead.

I know that they would all want to see my body; the proof that they’d killed Alpha Jenna Knight. I hid a smile as I lay limp under the chains and I knew that once they were all in Cole would give the signal and I would have to run; or face hundreds of armed hunters.

I held my breath as I felt their gazes on my limp body, their whoops of joy as they approached. I felt someone land a kick to my side and I ground my teeth to stop the growl, instead I relaxed my muscles and waited.

“Now Jenna!” I heard Cole’s shout moments later and I sprung up, throwing the chains off me. The guy who’d kicked me jumped back and before he could pull out the gun on his hip, I was out of the arena and Cole had locked the door.

Antonov wasn’t there though and I growled, shifting and taking the clothes that Cole passed me as the hunters tried to shoot at the wolves above; but they missed, their weapons consisted of darts, knives and a few handguns that weren’t dangerous because they weren’t in range.

A gunshot went off and Cole’s body slumped against the bars, sliding to the floor. I turned to see Antonov holding a gun with murder written on his face. He fired at me this time and I dodged but the bullet still lodged into my shoulder. I charged him with a loud growl and tackled him to the ground, not before the gun went off again. I looked down in horror at the bullet hole in my chest and fell to my knees. He looked triumphant as he lowered the gun and frowned at me. “You just don’t die do you? Damien was right.”

I watched as three wolves crept up behind him and smirked. “No I just don’t die.” They jumped on him and hamstringed him, blood gushing from his wounds. “Put him in with the others.” I ordered, digging the slug out of my shoulder.

I looked over to Cole where blood was now trickling out of a hole in his head; dead. I growled and watched as the wolves shifted and throw Antonov into the pit.

The wound on my chest is still bleeding profusely and I felt extremely dizzy. I blinked and tried to stem the blood flow but not much was working so I stood and slowly walked up to the viewing decks.

I stood in front of the men and hunters who all stared at me in fear. On the seat behind me was a lighter and I grabbed it, flicking it on and smirking down at the hunters as my breathing became short. Pain radiated from my chest and I felt very faint. “Ransack the house, kill anyone you find and get the plane ready.” I ordered a group of twenty men. “Time to meet your maker.” I rasped as I threw the lighter into the arena where a puddle of fuel lay. It exploded into flames and I watched as the hunters all grouped together to escape the flames.

“Make sure that this entire complex goes up in flames; nothing lef-ft.” I told a nearby wolf before I passed out.

-