Going back to the way it was

I was walking when all of a sudden the scene shifted, I was in a burning house. I heard a child, maybe 4 years of age crying

"GET SCARLETT OUT OF THERE, I heard a male voice scream as he ran through my body, there where pictures scattered and things burning on the ground, the was ash everywhere, settling in my eyelashes and on my hair, the ash clung to my clothing like it was my last day to live.

"I got her, where is Ridley and saraphine?" A woman asked I knew this, it's my house my mom, my dad, and my two sisters.

"They are already gone, Jason took them to a place where it's safe for them, just get Scarlett out, she'll burn," my father replied. I saw a little girl running from the house, ash covering her body, a few burns on her body,

I blinked and the scene shifted back to jay and I, I was still walking but I had a picture in my hand that I never had before it was a picture of my family, on the back it said come find us, we are still here.~ Mum and dad

I looked up to jay and he was staring at the picture in my hand and the ash that was settled on my face and clothing. I was remembering my childhood and my family, THEY ARE STILL ALIVE!!!

" um... Can you explain or not?" He asked confusingly

" I can't explain so I guess not." I said. I cleaned up and put the picture on my wall. I came out when jay had put the food down on the table for everyone. Perfect timing. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and sat down right next to him.

"Thanks for the food baby, I bet it's good." I said as he looked at me

"Your welcome babe" he kissed me back. I picked up some bacon with my fork,

"Here eat this." I handed the bacon to jay he frowned.

"Come on, I know you don't like bacon but this is my special bacon, just take a bit and if you still don't like it ill eat it." Jay said. Ash was sitting at the end of the table and lyric and Jane where messing with him.

I took a botany when I tell you this I mean it, it tasted horrible, maybe not to them but certainly to me, it really gross. I handed him the bacon and sit out the piece I had in my mouth into a napkin,

" what are you tryin to kill me!" I choked out.

"No, sorry Scarlett, I though you would like it." He frowned, it was a really sad face the saddest sad face I had ever seen.

"I'm sorry jay, I know you worked hard but I don't like bacon, plus I'm trying to limit the amout of deaths I'm accountable for. I love your cooking otherwise, you have yet ceased to amaze me" I smiled when his face light up like a lightbulb.

"Really?" He asked, I nodded and shoveled my eggs down my throat and collected the plates of everyone who was done. I walked into the kitchen and starte cleaning the dishes when jay came in and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Baby, I have been meaning to ask you something. I know it may be short notice but......." My phone rang,

"Baby hold on this is from razel, it important." I said and turn the water off and walked into the living room.

"Raz? What's up?" I asked. He's looking for you, there is not enough time to tell you the details but make sure everything in your house is locked up when your out or when your home ok." Then the line went dead.

"Crap", the "he" is the guy that wanted me to save his son. I locked up everything and told everyone we are on potential lockdown and just keep an eye out for anything weird. They didn't question me but they knew something was about to go down.

I stayed awake all night, I made everyone sleep in the living room, lyric and Jane on the love seat, jay on the couch and ash volunteered for the floor. I stayed up watching over everyone.

" how sweet, watching over your little family, what a shame would it be if one of them got hurt." A figured appeared over jay and stabbed a dagger through his side.

"NO!!!!" I screamed as the figured raised the dagger again. I ran and threw myself over jays body, I felt the dagger pierce my back between my shoulder blades. Jay was holding his side and looking at me confused. The figured disappears and I climbed off of him, pulling the dagger out of my back. It was silver so it wouldn't heal fast.

I grabbed jay and picked him up and ran him to the bathroom. I put him into the tub and turned the water on. I cleaned out his wound while he moaned and grabbed my hand.

"Scarlett, there is blood running down your back, you need this more than I do." Jay said

" I don't care about my back, I care about my family, you are a part of my family." I said as I put the last of the miracle heal (stuff to help you heal from silver wounds) on his leg which healed his leg quickly.

" Scarlett, please just put some on yourself." He pleaded.

" I don't have anymore I used the rest on you." I gave him a weak smile and helped him out of the tub and took him to his room.

I took the gauze out of the medicine cabinet and took my shirt off.

" jay I need some assistance, please?" I asked. He came in and grabbed the gauze from the counter and wrapped it around my shoulder. I put a clean shirt on and made sure everyone else is ok.

"Scarlett, I have been meaning to ask you something for a while now." Jay stammered out.

"Yes?" I asked

" Scarlett..."

The end of the chapter.

CLIFFHANGER