Chapter 3

Amethyst's P.O.V.

The day I dreaded the most arrived. Engagement party. Even though I pestered Mother so much that she refused to talk to me, she wouldn't tell me why I had to marry Nicholas and at such a young age.

Mother and my stylist if fussing over me. Urgh! I had a sudden urge to slap that grin out of Mother's face... Guess my rebellion was showing again, eh? I wringed my hands. I hate today and of all days it had to be Sunday. Great god.. urgh!!!

"Amethyst, stop you will crinkle your gown!" Mother shrieked. As if I care! Well maybe a little since the dress is quite pretty. However, I would cut it to pieces if it meant cancelling the engagement party...

"Yes, Mother." The stylist is starting to do my hair but it itches damn much!! "Stop!" And I scratch my head roughly messing up my hair. The stylist's jaw dropped and her shoulders drooped down.

After that I don't even know what happened till I stood in my room changing. I looked at the mirror and my eyes fall to my hand... I. Screamed. Out. Loud. What the actual freak?! I am freaking engaged to freaking Nicholas Cage! Such irony. I am caged. I laughed. I am officially crazy. Ha ha! And fall head first on the bed and drifted off.

~~~~

I woke up drenched in my own sweat. It was not real. It was just a nightmare. I silently told myself. After dressing in a morning gown I went downstairs to have my breakfast. My tummy rumbled in reply.

The whole day went by without me noticing. I followed my daily routine. Breakfast. Tuition. Lunch. Training. The next is dinner which is now. I am dressed in a pleated shirt and tight jeans. Can't care about the protocol anymore. Well since she forced me to marry Nicholas, that is.

"Amethyst what are you wearing, to be exact?”

“A pleated shirt and jeans.” I replied.

She sighed. “Just wear your normal clothes that is dresses and gowns next time.”

Since when is she so kind? Hmm… I am going to take advantage of it. Reply politely. This is known as sarcasm to me.

“Yes, Mother.”

“Good.”

Your wedding is decided to be brought forward by two weeks which mean the wedding will be held in a fortnight.” She said after dinner. Oh great god! I think I am going to puke!

I stood up sharply. Of course there is a motive behind this kindness! Why haven’t I noticed it? Stupid me. I mentally face palmed myself.

“Mother what is the meaning of this?” I asked in a overly calmed tone.

“It simply means you will be married to Nicholas earlier. The earlier the better.”

“Do you just want to get rid of me? If it is what you wanted just say it I will get out of your cursed royal life!” I spoke angrily.

“Do you know what happened to all of our powerful descendents? They were- Let’s put it as this. I did this to protect you! Nicholas can protect you. He is a powerful one for his kind. Your child will be invincible!”

“No. No! NO! I am not going to marry him for protection. I can look after myself! I want to marry the one I love! And it’s not Nicholas Cage that I love! I don’t care! How will our child if there’s one be invincible?! We are just normal beings!”

“Love? It's a fairy tale, dear. I guess you never studied history then. It was written in history books all over the world. Your grandfather was a- I have told you too much! As a future Queen you just need to learn how to rule this realm and that will be enough. Mark my words. You’ll marry Nicholas and that’s the last of it! Get back to your room!”

Ohh! So that’s why she won’t let me study history. She fears that I will uncover my birth right! Act like a goody-two-shoes and you’ll get away for it! “I- I- Uhh… I mean… Um.. Yes, Mother”

And I retreated from the dining room without another word.

And go into the royal library. To search for history books. Hehe. I have a bad habit of laughing during serious moments.

~~~~

 A/N: I will try to upload ASAP. Hope you enjoy it!~~ If you have ideas for me to add into this story comment it!

Love, J