Chapter 6

Amethyst's P.O.V.

I went over to my desk and pushed the carpet underneath it to the side. Prying open the loose tile, I took another key from my necklace and unlocked the small trapdoor to my hidden spell supplies.

I grabbed a glass ball and locked the trapdoor. Setting all the things back to its original position, I checked if the coast is clear and started the spell in the middle of my bedroom. "Eleanor Jane Calder glaoch orm do chabhair freagra ar mo pléadáil agus beidh mé freagra mise lá amháin" I dropped the glass ball and it shattered into a thousand pieces. Then, it started to reform. It shattered back to the tiny little pieces like when I dropped the glass ball halfway but reformed again. I have a bad feeling about this incident since it has never happened before. However, I shrugged off the feeling when the pieces formed into a whole screen.

I don't know language the chanting is in, but I have been taught to speak it and I supposed it is an ancient language used for spells.

Well, if you are wondering who Eleanor is, she is my sister, older by 1 year. When I was training, she was learning, since she was supposed to be the Queen one day. I am also tutored but she doesn't need to train. Alas, she disappeared a year ago just before her 20th birthday and so, I had to put up with my Mother's constant bitchiness. My training time got cut so much that I only have an hour a day compared to last year's six hours. I miss training though it's tiring. It is so much more better than learning. I snapped out of it and paid attention to the glass screen.

"Omph! What's this? Oh, hi Amethyst!" She appeared to be cleaning her house?!? Well she have magic powers. Just use them, sis. No need to tire yourself.  I mentally face palmed at Eleanor's stupidness

"Hi, El. Are you cleaning your house? Why won't you just use your powers?"

"Yeah. Eh, it's complicated. You wouln't understand it if you are not living here."

"Okay, how's life at the Other World?" I let the subject drop.

"Things were going normal and that's until you called that is. The Other World is called Earth here, Am. I have told you countless times. And I have some good news for you, I have a boyfriend!"

"Really? What's his name? Does he treat you well? If he doesn't I am going to have him taught a lesson"

"Oh, look at you all grown up. Basically, you sound like a mother worrying about her child, Am. And I don’t think you are that old or are you?”

“Hmph! Of course not. I am just worried that my elder sister is too kind to hurt a fly and won’t make your boyfriend regret he ever laid a finger on you. After all, I am the protective one out of the two of us. You are too kind, El”

“Hey, that’s called humane! I know how to fend for myself. Plus, that’s an if. His name is Louis and he is just so kind and cute and loud and funny-”

“You know. But you won’t fend for yourself.”

“Arghh… Enough, Am. Why did you call me?”

“Aww… sweetheart can’t someone call her sister just to chat?”

“We both know that you have something on your mind right now that you want to ask me. So, spill the beans.”

“Don’t be so hurtful. I am a kind soul!”

“Says the one who likes to solve problems by fight!”

“Hey!! You promised not to bring that up for like never ever ever again, El!”

“Yeah, yeah. Detours. Straight to the point, Am. No sugar coating.”

“You hurt my poor heart! "