Me, The First Half Immortal Half Spirit (12)

The Spirit in front of me had nothing to do with the ones that I had seen just seconds ago. If it wasn't for the fact that he was held captive in a dungeon with other Spirits I wouldn't even have known he was one.

In front of me stood Baron, the same I had seen so many times in my dreams, with his dark blue eyes and his black hair set in its normal neglected pompadour way. He was tall, his skin was dark and he was Baron...

A Baron in flesh?

Sure did look like it!

Maybe he wasn't a Spirit after all...

"How do you know him?!!" Basil who I had completely forgotten about asked me in a dark voice "I've been trying to find his name for years now!!!"

"He c-"

But Baron cut me "We're Spirit, Basil. Why wouldn't she know me?"

So he really was one...

"If he's a Spirit than why isn't he all gaseous like those two?" I asked pointing behind me with a shudder.

"Because he's more dangerous"

"I prefer skilled, but whatever suits you best Basil... and aren't I happy to see you've been thinking about that new maid so much! Seriously if you don't want me to know focus on something else... Damn Immortal minds are so shallow... Except yours Jasmine. Yours is simply unpredictable... I'll put that on the count of your Spirit half" Baron said to me with a wink.

"She's not like you, Spirit!" Basil growled.

"She's not like you either Basil, unworthy King among the Immortals. Did you know that while you were still learning about who you were and what you did I had already been wandering on Earth for centuries? Don't act like you know everything because you don't!"

"Well well, you seem more eager to talk about yourself, Spirit! Maybe I should bring my new little friend more often..."

"Do whatever you want Basil, I'm still going to be more powerful than you and you'll never be able to stop any of us!"

"I wouldn't bet on that Spirit! First I already have you, and now that I have HER everything is possible..."

"What makes you think she'll help you?"

"She sure won't help you! Your kind repulses her!"

Did I see sadness cloud his glorious eyes?

"You'll repulse her soon enough too..." Baron whispered.

"We have no time! But are you alright? Did they hurt you?! Blink twice if you're alright!!" I heard Baron say in a rush, his voice caring, but I was staring at his face and his lips weren't moving...

He was speaking in my mind...

I blinked twice.

"Thank god!! Okay, now you have to find a way to get the hell out of here! Don't talk to anyone; don't trust anyone, just leave!!!" Baron ordered me.

What? Why would I leave? I mean, the Immortals didn't feel like they were dangerous! They didn't scare me! And even if I wanted to leave, it's not like I knew where I was!!

"Just trust me Jasmine! Please! You really don't want to stay here..." Baron told me and his eyes pleading with mine.

Trust him?? How could I TRUST him??

"Because you've known me for longer than them..." I heard him whisper in my head.

Alright what the hell!!!?

He's reading in my mind too!!!

"I have to!! Don't worry, I'm not peeking. Just do what I say please!!" his voice pled.

What about you?

"Don't worry about me Jasmine! Just get out!!!"

"What's going on!!?" Basil voice asked beside me, sternly. "Was he speaking in your mind? What was he saying??" he rushed angry.

I didn't know if I really wanted to answer or if I couldn't simply hold the words in mouth but I had no control and I was about to blur everything when Baron voice in my head stopped me "Don't listen to him! Your mind is stronger than his!!"

I blinked once, twice, staring into Basil frightening eyes.

"He was asking me if others were coming and if I could get him out..." I whispered.

"Will you get him out, child?" Basil asked me, his voice hypnotic.

"No..." I answered.

"Why?"

"Because he frightens me..." was my reply... but I wanted to tell that old man that he scared me more with his light blue eyes, than Baron ever had.

Basil broke into a hysterical laugh.

"Did you just hear that Spirit!!? Your own kind is afraid of you!!!" Basil said in a machiavellian voice and all I wanted to do right now was listen to Baron and run the hell away.

And then he stopped abruptly and stared into my eyes with almost frenzy ones.

Oh my god! I want to get out!!!

NOW!!

"Calm down Jasmine..." Baron whispered in my head.

"For years now I've kept this so called powerful Spirit in my dungeon! And he's been telling me all this time, that one day, another Spirit would come and get him out, and then he would kill me. Don't you see how pathetic he is!! Ha ha ha ha!!" and then Basil stared at Baron "No one will ever come for you Spirit! Everyone has forgotten about you! Your friends are all dead or disappeared, I made sure of it! For everything you've done, you will rotten in this prison as long as there's still Life Force in you!!!"

As I listen to those words, I could have hardly been more confused.

After Baron had attacked me, I had simply assumed what my mother had said true, that the Spirit were the bad ones... but now, looking at Basil, I didn't know what to think...

WHO were the bad ones in this?!!??

"Good and bad are only a matter of perception..." Baron whispered in my head again.

"What did he do, to get here?" I managed to ask Basil, thinking that with that answer, I might be able to set my mind.

"Fifty years ago, there was four Spirits, four extremely powerful Spirit from what we could understand. They had managed to find a way to fix their form and actually have a resemblance of a body. For thirty years, they attacked us, tried to exterminate us!! They were ruthless and slaughtered every Immortal they could come across!! Young or old! We fought with everything we could, be it didn't feel like we could survive them... And then, we caught their leader, and we destroyed him... he didn't even put up a fight! He just stared at us with his green eyes and didn't even utter a word when we ripped his so called limbs and s-" Basil stopped, like he just remembered I was there, "And then we ran after the three other ones. Two disappeared but we caught the last one..." Basil said, his hand rising towards Baron.

I looked at Baron with fear.

Slaughtered...

He slaughtered Immortals... young Immortals...

I knew who I would trust now...

"Why don't you go on and ask him why we did it? Why we tried to stop them!!!? Go on!!!! Ask him what he did to that Spirit!!!!!! Ask him WHO that Spirit was!!!!!!!" Baron shrieked in my head.

"I want to get out of here..." I whispered, my eyes falling to the ground.

"Of course, my child. Come with me." Basil said, his hand in front of him, waiting for my own.

I looked in his light blue eyes that felt so sincere, and then placed my hand in his.

"You will regret this Jasmine!!!!!!" Baron yelled and this time it wasn't in my head "Just wait and see!!!!"