Me, The First Half Immortal Half Spirit (10)

"Who's back...? Mom what do you mean?" I asked my voice low and frightened.

"How can this be happening..." she kept mumbling in my hairs "How can they come back. They weren't supposed to..."

"Mom!!" I said, this time louder, pushing myself away from her embrace "What. Are. You. Talking. About?"

"We should have told you sooner, we should have warned you..." she whispered her hands covering her face, trying to stop her uncontrolled sobs.

But before I could ask more, my father was in the room.

"Pack your suitcase Jasmine." he ordered me, his face expressionless.

I couldn't see my father in this face, this too stoic face.

"What's going on dad?"

My father stared at something behind me, his eyes narrowing, and that's when I realized Matt was still in the room.

Matt got up from my bed and out of my room, after brushing his hand to my hand, staring at me with desperate eyes.

Like I needed that right now!

"I'm sorry Jasmine, we should have told you this sooner... but I guess we were scared something like this would happen" my father said and my mother sobs got louder "but what is done is done now..."

"What are you saying dad? I don't understand anything!" I yelled.

"We didn't adopt you... we... a man came to our house and he said we had been chosen, he said he had chosen us to take care of someone very important; you. He said we were the best match; he said we could take care of you and provide you with everything you needed. He said you were different; special. At first me and your mom, we didn't know what to say, it's not every day a strange tells you, you were chosen to take care of a baby. But then when we saw you for the first time we just knew you were our kid. But then he warned us. There were people, people from this very town who were a danger for you, he said. He showed us picture, told us stories..."

"Impossible stories..." my mother whispered.

"They were after you...But the man, well he did something, and then all these "men" they left town and we never heard from them again... But now they're back. And you have to leave!" my father finished and he walked to my wardrobe to grab my suitcase and dropped it on my bed.

"But dad, wait? I... I saw someone... in my dreams; she said she was my mother..." I said in a dim voice.

"It's possible... The man said you had parents but you wouldn't be in security with them, they did what they thought was best for you..."

"These men, what do they want dad?"

"You. They want you, and they are going to take you with them if you don't leave right now!"

"What are they...?"

My father looked at me shocked, but then he shook his head and answered "Immortal"

"My mother said the Spirit were the bad guys!" I shouted.

"Well I don't care. Either way you have to leave. The man said we could NEVER let you leave with ANY of them!"

"But dad what..." I started to say but my father cut me "No Jasmine! You don't understand! These Immortals, these Spirits they can do you great arm, whether you like it or not, they are dangerous and they stop at nothing!"

I wanted to know more, I wanted to understand more, but then thunder struck outside, in an ear breaking sound. I looked out the window to see the sky pitch black.