Me, the First Half Immortal Half Spirit (25)

Enjoy. Sorry if it sucks, I'm tired! lol

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“We should blow this place up, that ought to teach them,” Baron smirked, as we walked in the caverns to get back to the surface.

It felt like we had been in those caverns for ever. I wanted to be out of them already, to see the sun, the sky, to breathe fresh air.

“Fill it with water,” Garret proposed.

“And then put sharks in it!” Baron beamed.

“That would be awesome if the Spirits were actually material.” Matt pointed out, rolling his eyes at them.

I laughed and he looked down at me, giving a quick squeeze to the hand he still held.

Garret shook his head, “Complete party pooper”

“I know, the boy hasn’t changed” Baron smiled.

It was kind of nice in a way that they didn’t seem to take what had happened too badly. Maybe they were forming a plot though in their heads and they weren’t including me in it but either way ever since Matt had spoken things had seemed to be okay.

Personally, I was worried though, because the Spirits had said something. They had said that they would deal with Basil and then that Garret, Baron and Matt would need to go in Rest.

Could Matt get in Rest? And if he could what would happen with me? I was all alone now. I had no idea where to go from then. Should I go to my biological mother now that she wouldn’t be under Basil spell? Would she want me around? Did I want to be around her?

“Don’t worry about anything” Matt whispered, his lips against the top of my head.

I slapped his stomach with the back of my hand “Are you listening?”

“I’m sorry, it’s kind of hard to resist… I always wanted to know what was up there” he smiled sheepishly, trailing his finger on my temple.

For one second I couldn’t say one word. And then my brain started to work again and I slapped his hand away. “Don’t do it again.” I couldn’t help but smile a little though.

Matt was back, my Matt was definitely back. And he better not be listening right now.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. I thought about Asthon’s face with ketchup on it, because Matt at threw a fry at him. Can anyone beat the cheetah?

He had no reaction so I guess he wasn’t listening anymore.

Good.

“So? What next?” I asked.