Me, The First Half Immortal Half Spirit

There's a flower called immortal. But strangely, when you get a first look at it you would never believe it's immortal -I mean it looks all friable- but the truth is that little flower is pretty tough. But you would never assume it. Plus there's this whole thing where it's often use for funerals...

I'm like that flower.

* * * * * * * * * *

I love flowers. I pretty much grew up surrounded by them. My parents are horticulturist. Flowers are pretty much our life. We take care of them, grow them, sell them -everything's always about flowers.

I know my parents sometimes get to the point where they just can't even look at them. They almost hate them, but I don't. I never do. I just love to sit right in the middle of the yard with a book surrounded by all the flowers because it feels right -I feel home. When I sit in the middle of my flowers I know that's where I belong. I know that whoever my biological parents are it's a good thing they left me with Paul and Annie because there's not place on this world that compares to our yard of flower.

Now, I would have lived my happy life, with my flowers but strange things happen to me.

It was little thing at first. Like the time I helped out a lady with her bag of manure. The smell was so thick I was almost choking. The lady asked me where the burning smell came from. I immediately assumed she meant the manure, but she looked at me and said it wasn't it because we really couldn't smell it through the plastic bag.

Then it was bigger things like the time Tommy Laurent dared me to climb up the highest tree in the park and I fell from it. Everyone was screaming, shouting in panic. But I got up and walked home with barely a few scratches.

But those weren't the only things because if it had stopped at that I guess it really wasn't worth talking about. The first time I really definitely saw that I had a problem was when I was sitting in my bed, late at night reading a book and I heard Matt's voice as clearly as if it were my own. It didn't exactly sound like Matt voice at first -it had a slightly different tone - but I know him well enough to recognize his little expressions. And then it wasn't only his voice but the one of a girl, Nancy Stratford to be exact. But she wasn't even with him; she was speaking with him on the phone! And I could hear her voice as clearly as if I were the one with the phone to my ear. Let's just say I completely freaked out. I mean Matt's house is beside ours but we have a huge yard and his father's garage in between them. And Matt wasn't in my room or even in my house for that matter! But I just couldn't stop hearing him and her. I could even hear the distant sound of an open television. I was completely freaked out. My first guess was that I was crazy, but then because I am who I am I just had to check.

So I called him. If he was sleeping or doing anything else than speaking with Nancy on the phone I would seriously consider therapy... well either ways I would definitely consider therapy.

He picked up on the fourth ring. And when he picked up I stopped hearing his voice.

"Oh my God Jasmine I swear we must be linked by our brains somehow" he answered right away, not even letting me time to speak.

"What do you mean?" I asked feeble.

"I was just speaking with that pain-in-my-ass of Nancy Stratford trying to put some sense in her god damn empty head, really I don't even know why I bother, so she would just leave me the hell alone and stop texting me all the time, but she wouldn't listen. And I couldn't get rid of her she like called back every time I hung up on her. And then you call! You're my saviour!"

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...

I was silent for a little while. I'm surprise I didn't faint!