Me, The First Half Immortal Half Spirit (11)

Black...

Matt...

Where is he? Is he alright?

Black...

What's going to happen? Are my parents okay? Will I ever see them again? Will I ever see Matt again...?

Black...

Am I going to die? I don't want to die just yet...

I want Matt! I want him to make everything okay!

Black...

When I finally opened my eyes, I saw a blue sky. I sat up and I immediately recognized Baron's meadow.

I was still asleep!

And then Baron walked towards me.

Oh shit!

But his face didn't look like it had the last time I had seen him. He didn't look furious.

The expression on his face was completely new to me. I was use to Baron being arrogant, and amused with me, always thinking he was better, brighter, faster, stronger. I was used to having him looking at me with his possessive eyes, thinking I belonged to him in some way. But right now he didn't look arrogant. He looked worried... no, he looked frightened.

"Hello Jasmine" he told me, his voice almost trembling.

Was this a trick?

He probably knew I knew about the key. Was he only trying to change my mind so he could attack me again?

I mean even though Baron had attack me earlier, he hadn't always been like that. Usually he was nice, annoying maybe but nice nevertheless... He had been my confident for a while and even though I had always believed he didn't exist, I still cared for him in a way...

"Ja- " he started to say but his voice broke, and his hands circled around his throat like something was choking him.

His eyes were pleading; they were pleading me to give in.

But I wouldn't.

Hadn't my mother said I couldn't trust Spirit, and that HE was one!

He had lied to me! After all this time. He always had the answers but he had never given them to me! He had kept everything important from me!!

I looked at him in the eyes and shook my head.

And then he ran towards me, but something like an invisible wall stopped him. He ran in it and then his fists were hitting the air.

He kept trying to shout things at me but no sounds could escape his mouth for they seemed to be trapped in his throat.

But all the while he was doing that, all the while he was fighting against that invisible wall, it didn't look like he was struggling to get to me so he could hurt me, no it seemed like he was trying to reach me to help me...

What was going on?

I was so confused right now...

Black...

"How could you have hid this from us? After all these years? After everything?" a deep voice said beside me.

"She was simply a baby..." another sweet melodious voice said, pleading... a voice I could recognize...

"Seventeen years! She was left alone for seventeen years! We do not abandon our pairs! And we do not let them vulnerable to outside dangers and dark forces!" the deep voice said, his tone commanding and full of power.