Chapter 20 - I'd Take A Blow For Love.

Chapter 20 - I'd take a blow for love.

Love - "A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness." - unknown.

 Daniel's POV: 

I could hear rattling in the basement and I hoped that Yassin guy wasn't back again. Something about him creeped me out although he was probably a good guy. It's like he had this strong desire to help me and it didn't make sense because until now he didn't even know who I was.The rattling continued and a figure that looked like a girl was trying to get into the window and she was making all sorts of noise.Patricia gave me a bemused expression

"What's going on?" she asked annoyed to be awoken from her sleep.

"I don't know, Ma. Maybe it's a Yassin again." She flinched when she heard his name as she always did which made Daniel confused even more.

The figure suddenly bolted and soared into the room and my heart stopped.

Mariam's POV:

 I fell on to the floor and after not seeing Daniel for such a long time all I could mutter was

"Ow." and Patricia laughed and gave me a warm smile. She looked terrible but I pretended she looked fine, I didn't want to be rude.

 "Mariam!" Daniel laughed and began crying "Mariam, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" he was asking me 21 questions and I found myself laughing and gave him a hug. 

 I found myself crying into his arms which I've missed and for a good five minutes and told him "I love you. I love you so much." he nodded and rubbed my arm "I love you too, Mariam. Always and forever. Remember that, okay?"

 "I will never forget." I said wiping my tears away my lips curling into a smile.

 I suddenly remembered why I was so angry and mad at him and what happend the day he flew over to California. "Why were you in bed with Scarlett?" I demanded my tone no longer happy but fuelled with anger.

 The sound of the pipe dripping was unbelievably loud and the room's stagnant smell made my stomach ache. Daniel's eyes looked genuine and filled with tears 

 "Mariam, listen to me. I tried to explain it to you the day I was being dragged away..." he trailed off and I folded my arms still unwilling to believe his words. 

 "I was sleeping and Scarlett climbed into my bed after drugging me, I swear. 

 My father told me that I created a lot of damage for him politically and I had to go to the horse racing show with Scarlett and present a united front so people would once again think we're this perfect family. He and Scarlett threatened to send the picture If I didn't go and letting my stupid pride get in the way; I couldn't let him control me and that is when I booked the tickets and he sent his clients to bring me back to London."

 I wore a blank expression and tried to take in all of the information he had given me. I didn't know if I could believe him yet I wanted to being fully aware of what Conrad and Scarlett were capable of.

 Patricia told me to come sit next to her "Now, listen here Mariam. When you left all Daniel would do is walk around the house like a lovesick fool. He loves you more than you know and he would never, ever cheat on you. You're the only one that he'll ever love."