Chapter 16 - The Supreme Prince & The Love Letter.

Daniel's POV:

Disgruntled and annoyed was the perfect words to describe my feelings right now as I rested my back against the wall. "Mum, we need to find a way to escape. It's been three days!" I say in a resentful and dreary tone.

My mother could barely keep her eyes open and looked quizzical clearly confused by Daniel's words and he had a bad feeling, she needed a hospital and she needed one right now. She's been like this for the past three days constantly being knocked out and then perfectly fine and alert again. 

"There's nothing we can do, son. It's all my fault." she mumbled incoherently.

I gave her a sympathetic look "Don't put this on yourself, Ma. It's nothing to do with you."

"Oh, but it has everything to do with me." She chuckled bitterly "If you only knew."

I was bemused by my mother's sudden change in tone and dark humour. 

Where was this coming from? before I could ask any further questions my father bursted through the door wearing a three piece suit and clutching two plates filled with hot meals on a plate.

"Breakfast is served" he chuckled in a bold and obnoxious tone which made feel even more resentful but I knew better than to hurl myself onto him and I couldn't anyway, not even if I tried. 

"I'm off to work so why don't you two watch a bit of TV? Oh, wait you can't. Because you're locked in my basement." he said in a fake mockingly enlightened voice.My mother and I both wore the same quizzical, horrified and alarmed expressions but neither of us uttered a word.

"Cat got your tongue?" he asked in a chilly voice that ran shivers down my spine "Patricia darling, I injected several doses of rolyhipnol into your system which is supposed to completely knock you out. Tell me, how on earth are you alert? you've always been a fighter."

"We haven't got the choice to fight things. Allah is with us and he's protecting us." I said in a sure tone then was amazed as to how that suddenly slipped out of my mouth as I wasn't even a Muslim.

He laughed in an exaggerated tone "You really are pathetic, son." he said inhaling his breath sharply "Dad, why are you doing this?" my voice sounded shaken and choked.

"I'm doing this because I love you. Despite everything I want the best for you and you're not staying with that Muslim girl. I've had enough of them in my life." he spat aggressively. "You're my son, okay?" he demands looking into my eyes and for a moment his exterior began to soften but then I remembered what a monster he was and that he drugged my mother.

I turn away as he pleads for my reply "Son?" "I'm not your son." I murmur.

 "If I were,you wouldn't treat me like this." a tear rolls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away, expecting for my father to tell me that he's sorry and for him to comfort me.

My mother looks at him intently and simply says "Just go, Conrad. You've done enough already."

 He simply shrugs "Anyway, gotta go. See you around 6pm? bye my darlings."

 A sour feeling of envy washed over me that he was walking down the streets freely after the pain he was putting us through.  My mother appeared somnolent as dark circles lay underneath her usually beautiful, big brown eyes.

I sat with my legs crossed and thought about everything that was happening. Would I ever be free? I felt as though my father was punishing me for something that was beyond me. For something that I didn't do.I felt like a prisoner in my home but it never felt like home. I had to have faith and feel appreciative that I was still well and alive and that was enough.