Chapter 10: The Engagement

Onodera POV

I couldn't stop thinking about that night. The night wasn't just any night at all I expected on my birthday. That night is the best night of my life since Masamune never forgotten about my birthday like I did. I didn't really care for it at all since my birthday is just like any other day to me. Though Masamune proves it wrong as he confesses his actual feelings to me, I couldn't but love him even more than I do now. He never gave up on me even after I left for England he still thinks about me. Masamune couldn't forget me not even for one day.

I smile happily as my hands clutch onto my chest feeling my heart flutters every time I think about Masamune. Unfortunately, he isn't in his apartment today and won't be coming back till tomorrow for another important meeting in Isaka-san place. Every time I felt alone I put my promise ring feeling as if Masamune is still here with me. I couldn't show the ring to Ryo or anyone else for that matter.

All I'm asking is.....Onodera Ritsu will you promise me never to leave my side ever again and hopefully married me in the future?

'

A light blush crept upon my cheeks as I heard Masamune proposal inside my mind. Shaking my head before landing onto my bed. Work has been slower without Masamune teasing me, touching me, kissing Ahhh!! What the heck am I thinking? Covering my face with one of the pillows as I blush even harder than usual. Ryo hasn't been home lately probably because his other authors are behind their deadlines. Sighing quietly as I lay down on the bed trying to get my thoughts back together. Ever since Ryo arrive I use to spend so much time with him but when Masamune and I made up we became inseparable and I began falling for Masamune even more. He never forgot about me during the past ten years as I try forgetting about him as I fall for Ryo in England.

I'm such a terrible, I thought quietly

"Ritsu, are you okay?" said a voice

Snapping out of my thoughts I look up to see Ryo with his eyes fill with worries. I looked away from him not wanting to stare into his eyes. It didn't stop him from putting his hands on my cheeks. Slowly turning my face toward his with our forehead pressing against each others. I didn't know what got into me but I push Ryo away violently.

"Don't touch me!!" I shouted

"Ritsu, what wrong with you?!"

"Nothing!!"

"Then why are you crying?!"

Crying?...I slowly touched my cheeks feeling it all wet...Have I been crying this whole while thinking about Masamune. Falling down onto my knees as I felt my body shaking a bit before Ryo putting his arms around my waist with the bed covers. My heart began to flutters as I remember when Okami-san use to do this back in London. At the time, I was upset Okami would always hug me tightly with the blankets. With my body against Ryo chest, I couldn't help clench onto him. I didn't even know that I burst out crying for the longest time of my life. Didn't care how long I cry my eyes because Ryo is by my side now once more.

My head laid on his chest listening to his heart beating slowly noticing the pain that I feel now. I couldn't tell him that I'm falling for Masamune even more since he would get angry and jealous. I don't like seeing him being jealous of Masamune or Masamune being jealous of Ryo either. Guess it happen for many people who fallen in love with two people they care about at the same time. Ryo gently wipes my tears away before kissing my forehead, cheeks, nose, then lips. I kiss back and continue kissing passionately without any force of sexual touch just us continuing our kiss.

Ryo broke the kiss leaving me whimpering on the inside from the loss of his lips onto mine. Hearing sigh quietly before taking my left hand and kissed it gently. He grabbed my other hand but luckily my ring is inside my pocket. Placing both of them against his chest feeling the vibration of Ryo heart. Taking the glance of his rare navy blue eyes as he took a deep breath before he spoke.

"Ritsu, remember your previous engagement with An-chan?" he asked

"Of course, but An-chan cut the engagement off. Why do you ask Ryo?"

"I spoke with your mother last night and she decided you and me to be engaged."

My eyes began to widen as I heard my mother agree for me to marry Ryo and doesn't care that he a guy. My father wouldn't care if I was in love with another man but my mother is a different story. She always persisting that I should have a girlfriend or married An-chan so she can have grandchildren. I wonder why mother allows Ryo and me to engage it something I don't understand.

"Your father and my father are good friends since their college years. They didn't care once I told them I love you and wanted to marry you"

"Ryo...."

"I love you Ritsu, I always have and always will. You love me too don't you Ritsu"

"Yes, I do love you Ryo...but"

"But what?!"

I felt my heart pounding on my chest even harsher than I ever expect it to be. Never thought there would be a day I would tell him. Until now, gathering the courage to speak once more.

"I'm falling in love with Masamune even more. I confess my love to him on the night of Kazu birthday party" I confess

"What....."

"I need some time to think about it alright"

"I'll wait as long as it takes Ritsu"

I heard Masamune voice once more before seeing Ryo retrieving his suitcase and his jacket. Placing a kiss on my cheek once more as he holds me tightly in his arms. I felt him breathing against my neck. I shiver down to my spine as he continues to breathe down my neck. Releasing me from his arms before leaving the apartment. All I heard was the door closing before tears started rolling down my cheeks once more.

What am I supposed to tell Takano-san now?, I thought

I began to sob quietly against the sheets as I took a glance of my promise ring. I didn't know what to do now since I'm engaged to Ryo even though I still love Takano Masamune. I don't want to be separated from him ever again.