Chapter twenty-three: Wiggle your eyebrows

So here it is, my chapter, it is going to be about two weeks after the last chapter happened, so they did move out of the agency Kira wanted a new place to be, one that would be easier to live in while she was teaching the girls, and they got sick of the rumors that were going around about them so they all just left to a house, and if you are wondering about how they got the money to buy the house I will probally rewrite quite a bit of the book concidering that I was thinking about getting it published on the kindle store or something. 

“The thing with magic is sometimes it has a mind of its own-here I’ll show you what I mean,” I said, as Alison and Olive were clearly looking confused.  I raised my hand and muttered a spell for lighting a small hand flame. Sometimes it would grow too big to hold, it didn’t burn your hand, but it did hurt your eyes when it grew that big.  Also it was heavy.

I looked at the flame on my hand as it grew, grew heavier, and brighter.  I shut my eyes and set it on my forehead, I opened my eyes.  The girls were looking at me, I looked up, they looked terrified, my hair looked like it was on fire.  I laughed.  That was what I had meant by the magic having a mind of its own.

                They looked at me while my hair looked as if it was on fire, the color went from yellow to orange to a blueish-red; the fake fire crawled down my neck.  They looked very scared, I didn’t see why, yes it did in fact look like I was on fire but the thing was illusions are a lot of simple magic. 

                “Your hair!”  Alison cried, she was jumping now, I really don’t see what the problem was, I told them that I was going to do this!

                “What?  This is magic, I told you it does what it wants, and I can’t control what it does, the only thing that I can do is turn it off.”  I looked up at my hair more, and I coaxed the magic flame to my hands, it reluctantly jumped off of my head.  The girls relaxed.

                “How did you do that?”  Olive walked closer to the flame, she looked at it too close and the flame jumped on her face.  She screamed, the magic flame was crawling all over her, never have met her it was curious, so it crawled about on her clothes.  She was still screaming, I looked at her and laughed, she stopped.

“Why are you laughing at me!?” She cried, I laughed more, it didn’t hurt her at all yet she screamed.  She stopped moving  around, and walked closer to me, I put my arm out and beckoned my flame back.  It jumped back to me, I put it out so that I could use it  later. I turned away from the girls, Jake was back, he went to hang out with the kid he guarded, I ran over to him.

I was glad he was back I missed him, he walked to the house.  We had actually moved out of the agency, we had convinced Kristina that we would still be a great part of the agency with our own house, so she let us get a house a few miles away, we gave her the money and she bought the house.   So all five of us lived in the same house, it had four bedrooms and four bathrooms, the best part was the yard, it was private and there weren’t really any neighbors that could see us, they would occasionally see one of us coming back from where we had been. 

Jake was smiling, he had some food, and a bag.  I looked at the bag and he put on his crooked smile and hid it behind him.  I laughed and tried to grab it.

“Come on! What’s so secret in that that your own fiancé can’t see it!”  I looked at him and tried to grab it again, he swung it out of the way just in time, and I put on my pouty face. He mimicked my face and then laughed, he held the bag above my head and then walked inside. I followed him in the house, he kept in front of me so that I couldn’t grab the bag.