Chapter Two: Marked

When I sat up, I started thinking about Flash's weaknesses, but then I realized, that I could used his strength against him.  I would just be defending myself, I thought gingerly.  As soon as he ran at me, I tripped him and punched his chest.  We wrestled for a short amount of time, then I broke free and pushed him over.  He kept attacking until he realized what I was doing.  He stopped charging, but I could still beat him, and I knew it.  I taunted him, he finally charged at me, and I held out my fist and kicked him swiftly.  Flash was down.

Finally, the fight was over, and I was declared winner.  Everyone stared in aww at me; I was sweaty, and my hair was soaked and frizzy, but I was still a winner.  I had to work hard however, Flash was a fit opponent, but I was fit mentally and phisically.  I hadn't believed it until now, but Flory always did.  She said a lot of things, but I think that I just kept my head clear in a hard battle.  I won by brains, but if Flash had been as smart as me, he would have won because he was stronger. 

Because of the tough fight, I was tired and worn out.  Since we were the last ones done, we got to go home early.  I ran home as quickly as I could, because my family would be back to the house soon, and if I wasn't there, they would be looking for me, and the redhead would be devistated.  I ran up to greet them and they petted me happily.  I got splashed quickly, making my fur soaked and hard.  It would take forever to lick my fur enough for it to be soft again, or to wash my clothes.  I guess I won't be going to sleep early tonight.

they ran out and jumped off of the diving bored and made a gigantic splash and they got me wet,  so i ran inside to the bathroom, were there was a secret passage to get in to another room,  but between the rooms was where i liked to be, i could turn in to a human and thats where i trained, only animals were accsesible to it too, so humans couldn't get in, ever.

They had ran out and jumped off of the diving board, which made a gigantic splash.  It had got me soaking wet, so I ran inside the bathroom and tried to dry off, going into my secret passage, which was located in the bathreeom

I went in my passage and started taking a bath when Jake walked in.  I screamed, pulling the curtain to the side so that he couldn't see me.  "dont look, really, don't look" I said feebly.  But he didn't he just pulled the curtain over and poked my stomach.  "Why did you draw that on you?" I looked at my stomach, I hadn't realized that it had been there.

Ignoring his cold stare, I answered "um, I guess it's a birthmark that I never noticed before" I paused for a second before adding "I don't know, my mom might have had one too, but I don't know who she is." He left and I finished washing up, then got a towel and put my clothes in the washer.  Clothes turn into fur when I shift into a dog, so if I hadn't used the same outfit, then it would be a different design, and my owners might have found that rather strange.  Then I put an outfit that is exactly the same and walked out.  I walked into Jake, lost in thought.

I took my mind off of the mark for a while, thinking of other things, then I realized that Jake might need to take a shower too.  I walked into the  shower only to wash my face and went to being a dog again, when jake walked into the room quickly, startling me.

Jake stared at me, making me uncomfortable, but he simple said "you don't have to go, they'll be in the pool for a while, you should get some rest.  You can take the bed, i'm going to take a shower, then I'll make some food, then I'll wake you" he instructed me to go to sleep, and since I had nothing better to do, and I was tired.  I got to thinking that Jake might not be so bad, he was cute, and nice, and I really liked him.  In the middle of daydreaming, I fell asleep happily.

Jake woke me up by shaking me and telling me that it was time to eat.  I staggered to my feet and wobbled to my closet ot put on my clothes.  Once I had gained my composure, I walked to the main room and started eating the pasta that he made us.  We had to hurry, becasue they were going to get out of the pool in a matter of minutes.  When they saw us, they had no idea what had gone on.  I laughed to myself, my humans were so oblivious.

We came into the living room a few minutes later and ran to our owners because they had a bone treat for us, so I took it and ran outside with it.  When I went outside to eat the bone, I noticed something strange, there was tons of spots on my tongue, which I guess I understood, because the people at the pound said that I was at least half chow.  I shook my head, clearing my mind of the strange marks.

later Jake came outside and i stuck my tounge. at him just to show him my tounge, he looked at me and glanced at my spotted tounge before he relized i was trying to show him my tounge was spotted.

Later, Jake came outside and I stuck my toungue at his golden-brown face.  He looked at me awkwardly until he realized that I was showing him my tongue.  He looked at it and realized that it was spotted, he smiled "we'll figure out who your parents are eventually.  But I was confused, because I had so many marks that I didn't notice until now!!