Chapter One: Room six, floor one

Ok so I will be editing some of the begginging stuff soon because I was reading though it litterally muttering about how stupid I was.  Well I guess I didn't really care about any of the gramatical stuff and all of the other stuff. I was reall upset with my self, I will delete this when it gets edited so that you will know!

The car quickly brought me to the house that I was to live in. They introduced me to a few people, and their dog, Jake. He was aggressive to dogs bigger than him, like me, but once I proved that I wasn't interested in being dominant, he was fine. As soon as I was let off of my leash, I flung into the bathroom corner, I felt like the walls were curving in on me. I wasn't used to so many people, and I couldn't wait for everyone to leave so that I could just go to sleep.

After what seemed like an eternity, they finally left, so I was going to sleep when the dog, Jake, growled something at me. I then realized that he was half dog too. I suppose that I should explain, when I was born, the only possession that I had was a necklace with my name on it, I was soon put into the pound, where I learned that I was some kind of shape shifter.

I could just tell in some way that he was like me. He told me gruffly to follow him, so I followed him quietly out into the midnight. He shifted into human form and kept walking, urging me to do the same.

After seeing that I had done what he wanted, he ran off into the black, cold night. A small snowflake twinkled down on the floor, I wondered if it was going to snow. I ran after Jake, and he led me through all of the black streets, where it was dark and no one roamed. No one, even if they were in the dark street, would be suspicious of a couple teenagers. We got to where Jake had called me fairly quickly, and when we got there, I was so exhausted that I could have fallen asleep on my feet. However the day wasn't nearly over yet.

 Surprisingly, the pretty blonde that I had met at the pound called out to me, and smiled "the boss wants to see you" she said gruffly. I followed her to the boss who was sitting in a laced black chair. She looked over to me as if she was examining a specimen, and handed me a piece of paper. I opened it up, and it said room six, floor one. I smiled, understanding.

 " you may decorate your room however you want to and you can pick out some clothes from the room next to yours, it is the clothes room, you clothes are filthy, and you need new ones, oh and by the way your training starts tomorrow." she told me, and i was still administering it all in my brain, when she patted me and looked at the door. so i left like she wanted me to. i walked down to where every one was, and the woman was, and she introduced herself to me as Flory.

 The boss, Christina said "you may decorate your room however you wish, and pick out some new clothes from the room next to yours; It is the clothes room. Your clothes are filthy, and you need new ones." She said lightly, pausing before she added "oh yes, and your training starts tomorrow." Once she had finished, I ran to my room, felling more claustrophobic than ever, I lay on my bed for a moment, processing all of the information.

 Later, I made sure that I said hello to the blonde from the pound, she introduced herself to me as Flory. I hoped that someday we could be friends; she had done me a great service today. The blonde gave me a swift nod, then turned to me after walking a few footsteps "Cristina acts rude, but she really isn't, she has strict punishments, but they are only so that you know not to do it again." She walked a few more footsteps, then turned back, her blue eyes glittering thoughtfully "I forgot to ask, what's your name?" Flory smiled the largest smile that I had ever seen; I think that I might like her.

 I remembered that I was supposed to answer, and quickly, before she thought that I was odd, I added "I'm Kyra, Kyra Thomson. I don't know who my parents are, but I do know my name, ever since I was a puppy, I had a dog tag around my neck, telling me my name. When I shape shift, It turns to a necklace, but does the same thing" I told Flory, frowning slightly.

 "Strange" she muttered under her breath;" can I see your necklace? I won't take it off, may I see it?" I nodded understanding.

 Her eyes grew wide as she muttered more darkly and dropped the necklace "this is very powerful piece of magic." She reached to my neck to touch it, as if it would shock her if she did

 I realized something quickly, but I had to make sure that I was right. "are you a magic maker" I asked curiously." Since she didn't respond immediately, I added "I don't think that it hurt me, I think that it protected me, and whenever I lost it, I found it again on my neck."

 After a few seconds, Flory looked at me as if it was obvious "yes," she looked at me, as if wondering how I knew what a magic maker was. I grew up in a pound, but I wasn't stupid, I just knew some things, you didn't have to tell me, I just knew. As if someone a long time ago had told me, but I haven't had any parents or family, so that has always confused me, but it was a fact.

I walked away, looking miserable, and I knew it. Jake saw me looking at him, and gestured for me to follow him back to my new home. After the freezing winter walk home, I wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep forever, but instead, I went outside and curled up underneath a tree and watched the sun go down until someone came and poked me with a wet nose. I jumped, ready to defend myself, but it was only Jake.

Jake looked at me like I was crazy and said "You should really come in and get as much sleep as you can. I know that your anxious, but we need you to sleep." I thought about it and nodded, I was tired anyway, so I ran through the tight doggy door and ran to the upstairs bedroom. I liked it a lot more than the dog bed that they gave me, and the corners, as always, felt safe to me. Unlike the dog bed, I was enclosed and safe. 

 After Jake saw that I had settle in, he ran downstairs and probably went to sleep.  Listening to his advice however, I fell asleep in the bedroom where the redhead slept.  In the morning, the humans got me a crate.  I later turned into a human so I had some trouble getting out of it, Jake thought it was pretty funny.  We were never early because of the idiotic crate, but at least we weren't late like one person always was.  His name was Flash, and he was pretty nice, but always late and getting yelled at.

The next day, we had to leave early, Jake was starting to leave without me.  I barked to him and he nodded at me, turning into a human.  I shifted from my dog for and went outside through the dog door, but we had to shift to dog form to get out.  Their security alarm was on.  

Once we had gotten to the usual house, I sat down, and waited for something to do.  Jake nudged me angrily, and I saw that Kristina had been doing something.  I stood up and ran to her; It seemed like she was calling out fighting partners.  Jake explained to me what was going on, but it was exactly what I had guessed.  I waited silently for Kristina to call my name, and hoped that I wouldn't be fighting anyone too hard.

My wish didn't come true to the slightest.  Christina called my name, and Flash's, one of the hardest fighters.  Everyone was staring at us, Flash and I had to fight.

Don't forget to comment and vote!