Chapter 1: Meet with the devil

I stand alone in the darkest corner of my mind. No one can hear me scream, not even I. You may wonder what problems lie inside this petrified face, what dreams lie above these crying amber eyes. And I will never tell you, because we will never meet.

Actually, I am not alone in the world. I have a lot of friends. Many of them think I'm crazy – like weird crazy, and the rest just don't care enough to see that's something is wrong behind the vague smile that I have stoned in my face. I am beautiful, I have a complete family and yet, I don't understand what's wrong with me. My truly best friend, Melissa says my only problem is that I was never in love. In fact, she's right about that. I have never loved no matter if I kissed them or not, true love never came into my heart. Sometimes I dream at night that a strange voice tells me I have a black heart. I always thought because of David Usher, and his song "Black Black Heart", but as the dream has repeated itself so many times, I started to believe there is more to it.

I open my eyes and realize I was in class. History time.

"In what century Vlad Țepeș ruled and in which country?" the teacher asked.

I raised my hand and said: "In the 15th century, and he was the leader of Țara Românească."

"Correct. Now can you stop daydreaming in my class?"

"But I wasn't..." Of course I didn't get to finish my sentence because he asked another question. And that one I didn't know...

After this class, I found myself walking alone to the store to buy a bottle of water. Why am I thirsty? I haven't eaten anything recently, and it's not summer, it's just the middle of September. On my way on the stairs, I felt that something hit me.

"Hey are you ok?" a guy asked me. I think he was quite attractive from what I was seeing.

"I'm..."

Everything went black and I fell. Something must have really hit me. Now I think I'm laughing. Am I laughing? I opened my eyes and realized I was on the beach. I swear I'll never eat chocolate before sleep again. NEVER! N.E.V.E.R! I was down on the almost cold sand. I think it was around sunset now. I saw a hand offering me help. I looked at those long fingers, with all their masculine touch, but what impressed me, or what shocked me was the ring on the index. I think it was made of silver, and it had a big blue stone in the middle, with black spots that seemed to melt with the midnight blue. It was barely shining in the dim light, but it seemed to have such power. The darker the ring, the darker my soul felt.

"Are you going to accept my help, or not?"a beautiful voice said; the voice of an angel. It must have been an angel. Am I dreaming, right?

I looked up to see the mysterious face. He had a prominent chin, a sweet cheek bone was trying to show itself, he had big eye lashes and his eyes were of fire. The most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Drops of fire were melting with a dark brown too deep to see where it ended. I lost myself completely. His hair was dark as night, and he had some fire brick highlights.

"You don't speak English?" he asked and I was drooling, probably. God, I hope not.

I finally found the courage and I accepted his help. His touch was soft, and yet powerful. He got me up in a few seconds and as I was standing again on my feet I felt a little dizzy.

"What happened to me?"

"Narcissistic as always. Aren't you supposed to ask who I am?" the mysterious stranger answered me.

"No. But you seem to know a lot more than I do right now." I replied back.

"Anything is possible, sweetheart."