Chapter 15

Waking up to the sunlight seeping through the windows is not really something I ever imagined happening to me. Then again, it's not really one of those things that I spend the nights pondering over. However, I wake up alone, on the only fabric sofa I think Blair owns. (After all, sleeping on leather doesn't exactly make for a comfortable night of rest). And, believe it or not, the sunlight is seeping through the windows.

Wiping sleep from my eyes, I stand up, before making my way through the house in an attempt to find Blair. Yes, he is apparently now the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning (it's incredible cheesy, I know, but I can't exactly help it.)

After walking through a couple of rooms that I don't really take the time to memorise, I find myself in the kitchen. Luckily, Blair is already at the stove, cooking something or other. But as my eyes flicker across the walls, they land on the clock, and my mind is far too occupied to wonder what is being cooked, as I notice how late it is already and-

"Shit! I gotta go. Be back later."

I try to find my way back to the foyer (it takes a while, but I manage it) before practically sprinting upstairs and throwing on a jacket, grabbing the memory stick from my laptop, before running downstairs again, where Blair is very inconveniently standing by the front door.

"Where are you off to?" He has his arms crossed and his right eyebrow raised as he stares me down. Literally, he stares down my body, and as much as I probably should be focusing on getting out the door right now, I can't help but think that he looks so sexy right now.

"Uhm, just going out."

"Hm, well, don't be too long." He walks towards me, until he's only inches away, his hot breath fanning my face slightly. Before I can focus, his lips are covering my own in a kiss that makes my heart melt. He chuckles when he leans back, as if he thinks he's won, and I'm gonna stay with him. And I mean, it's tempting, sure. His lips are so-

Focus, Lucas! Need to get out. Get to it.

I say the first thing that comes to mind; "Something's burning!"

"Shit- Later." He runs off towards the kitchen, and I wonder whether he actually left the stove on and unaccompanied, or whether he is just really foolish to believe me.

Either way, I make my way outdoors, wondering how the fuck I'm gonna get to the shop before it's too late. Looks like the only way I'm gonna make it is if I run. Great.

It takes about half the time it usually would take me to get there, but I make it just before one o'clock. Technically, the closing time to apply for jobs is midday, but I just really hope they'll let me apply anyway. Adding to the fact that I'm late, there's also the fact that I didn't get anywhere near to finishing my video for them, nor have I actually filled out the application form. Let's just hope they're a really lenient bunch of people.

Walking into the store, I straighten out my shirt, not that it'll do anything to improve my slightly shabbier look. Considering the fact that I took ten seconds to get ready this morning (and those ten seconds didn't include face-washing or teeth being brushed), the chances of them even giving me a second glance are pretty slim.

"Can I help?" A young-ish guy walks over to me, not seeming to be paying much attention to me, which I guess I'm glad of. 

"Yeah, I wanted to apply for the job-"

"You're late."

"I know. Just- Please, give me a chance."

He sighs, but then another guy comes through a door that I'm pretty sure leads to the back of the shop, saying; "What's going on?"