Chapter 25

Half way through this chapter, i randomly started calling Blair ‘Kade’ (from my other story lol) but then I realised and went back and changed it. have a good day and have fun reading and if any random kades appear it was an accident :’)

—————

It's been a week since I bought the camera, and every day, before and after work, I've been lugging it around with me, filming, photographing, using it to capture my favourite places. Sometimes, I've left it on the side when I've been with Blair (without him knowing), and just let it film us going about our lives. But, truthfully, I've barely seen Blair this past week or so. 

Monday morning, I call in before work and ask Phil if I can have a day off. 

"Yes, you can have today off. Annabel's working today so that's fine. I hope that whatever plans you have go well." I believe him about the plans, but as soon as he mentions Annabel's name, I can almost hear him frowning. Still, I let it go, hanging up the phone and thinking about the day ahead. 

My first course of action for the day is to make breakfast. Of course, I go for the whole deal. Since pancakes and smoothies are Blair's favourite thing to wake up to, I get to work at around seven in the morning. Blair is usually up and showered by seven-thirty, which gives me enough time to create a stack of a dozen pancakes to share between the two of us, and two strawberry smoothies, almost overflowing from their cups. 

At one point in the smoothie-making process, I almost take the lid off half way through blending. The blender sways from side to side as I force it back into place and the whole thing almost goes everywhere, but I just about manage to keep the mess to a minimum.

I hear the shower turning on, and then off again a little while later, meanwhile setting the table and making sure everything looks good. 

Just before Blair comes downstairs, I make an outline of the day, smiling the whole time as I know that for the first time in a couple weeks, I'm able to spend a whole day with the man I love.

When Blair comes down the stairs, I almost do a double take, noticing the way his hair falls slightly in front of his forehead as he's yet to style it for the day. It drips slightly, obviously still holding some water from his shower. 

"Hey." I walk over and kiss him right on the lips, savouring the moment and the way he kisses back. I know that he loves me without him even having to say the words. 

"Hey to you, too. What's this?" His eyes wander over to the table, and I try to block his view, giving him another peck on the lips in an attempt to distract him.

Grabbing his hand, I begin to direct him to the table. I breathe in the fresh air from the open windows, and smile when everything around me mingles together. The air of the early morning, Blair's minty shampoo, and the sweet pancakes and smoothies. 

"I love you." I say, as we arrive at the table. The way the sunlight fills the room makes everything seem so much more peaceful, and I smile as Blair takes it all in.

"Lucas, what is this?" His smile is evident in the way he speaks.

"Like I said. I love you. I wanted to do this for you. I took the day off work, and have it all planned out. Trust me."

"I do."

We spend the next half an hour sitting quietly, sometimes talking, sometimes letting silence fill the room, taking our time with everything we do. I love him so strongly.

After we’re finished with breakfast, I tell Blair to get ready. I’ve been dressed and ready since I woke up, but I still need to prepare for the next part of the day.