CHAPTER 11

I saw a glance at the clock while we were laughing. It was almost 9.am.

Jacob noticed it and said, “Come, let us have breakfast”.

After I freshen up myself, I ran down and it smelled delicious. It was pan cakes, my favorite. I sat down at the dining table while Jake served my breakfast.

“When did you prepare everything”, I asked him.

“Hmmm, it took a while”, he said acting tired like wiping his sweat off on his forehead. I smelled it deeply and at once I caught my grandma’s scent. It was her who cooked.

“Liar…!!”, I smirked at him.

“Ok don’t be mad at me. Esme did it for you and I just heated it up”, and I was still staring at him with fake anger. I took a bite.

“Oh come on Nessie, I couldn’t sleep all night with all your nightmare screams”, he accused. The thought of nightmare made me upset again. Jacob noticed my reaction and apologized.

“Hey I’m sorry, just joking. I couldn’t sleep because I was watching your face all night”, he said seriously.

“All night, huh?”, I teased him.

“Ok again, just a few hours”, he said and he smiled. I was happy that he stayed. I was not angry nor mad at him for just falling asleep. I smiled to myself at this thought.

“Can you at least tell me now, about who was that girlfriend in your dream”, he asked really eager and worried.

“It’s nothing”, I lied.

“Can you tell me what made you laugh when I projected my dream”, I wanted to know it, I thought.

“It’s nothing”, he imitated me mockingly and smiled.

“Jake, I was wondering……”, I hesitated to spit out the words.

“What?”

“I was wondering why aunt Rosalie is not comfortable around you?”, I asked. This was an under statement. She hates him actually. I was waiting for his answer. Because I recently heard a conversation between aunt Alice and Rosalie.

“Hmmmmm….”, he thought for a second and continued, “Why don’t you ask your aunt yourself?, he said looking outside the window.

“So you aren’t going to tell me now, are you?”, I asked him. I know Jake never deny things which I ask for. He didn’t turn to see me yet. He spit the words still looking outside the window.

“She thinks I’m coveting you…from her”, he said. Covet? Why does Jacob covet me from her, and he interrupted my thoughts.

“Why do you ask this now”, he asked turning to me now. I heard her said,’ I don’t like all his imprinting stuff. It makes me sick’ to aunt Alice and I wanted to know what it was. 

“I just heard something while she was chatting with aunt Alice”, I said.

“Why don’t we go for a walk”, he stood up from the chair, a little bit irritated.

“Jake wait, I just wanna ask you something”, I stopped him. He turned towards me and raised his eyebrows and said, “What?”.

“What’s IMPRINTING”, I said that word weird. He opened his eyes wide, like he never expected this...