CHAPTER 6

I unwrapped the gift, and opened the lid of the box. It was a book. I turned the first page there was a photo of mine. I was 4 days old then. To be frank, for a second, I couldn't recognize who it was. And then I realised. I was surprised truly.

" Is that my photo Jake?", I asked him smiling.

"Yeah, just go on", he said encouraging. I turned the pages one by one. It was all my photos, right from my child hood, till this day. Every day's memory with Jake.

How could he manage to take all this, I thought. It was so delightful and colourful.

The moment I first walked, cuddling with him, sleeping on his arms, the time which we spent over the beach, my first birthday, Jacob's gift for it, everything was there. It was all my favourite moments too. On top of the photos, he wrote something that reminded me something of that snap.

"When did you captured all this?", I asked him, my eyes still locked on the pictures.

"I like to keep a backup for my best moments", he said. What? Did he say best? So he definitely liked me more, I thought. I like the way he mentioned it.

"Best?... really?" I asked him in a teasing tone.

" Best ever", he replied starring deep into my eyes.

Its like I was melted by the warmth in his look. I couldn't bear it and I looked down at the photos again. I couldn't feel my legs and it was like I'm gonna pass out.

Jacob was stunning in the bright moon light. I've never noticed him or his beauty this way. The way I see him now is not the same as it was before.

Do I love him. What nonsense? That would be awkward. How could I some one who was with me right from my child hood.

He's my best friend. I feel guilty was feeling this way for me. What might if my father hear this thoughts? Will he be embarrassed? Or will he be furious at me? Or Jake?

Struggling with my thoughts, I was turning over the pages. It was the last page and it was written BEST MOMENT EVER. But there was no photo on it. I looked confused at him. He smiled and pulled me close to him, putting his long arms around me. He took his camera and took a snap.

"This was it", he said handing me the instant photograph. I did not know how to react. I was shocked actually.

Seeing my weird expression he asked doubtfully, " Do you like it Nessie?". His smile faded. It was painful.

"Jake", I said as I touched his cheek. I projected to him how I felt about the photos. He started smiling widely again. I hugged him gently. "Thanks Jake, I love it. You are the best", I whispered under his skin.

Then he reminded me of my birthday party, and we rushed to home. To my surprise, my father and grandpa was there. I ran to my father and hugged him. Dad smiled my mom's favourite one side crooked smile.

"I really missed u dad. Thought you would return home sooner", I complained.

"I missed you too baby. Happy birthday", he said. "Thanks dad".

My feelings towards Jake grew more as days passed by. Am I really in love him with him? Yes I knew I love him. More than anyone in this world. But what does Jake feel about me. I know Jacob loves me. But what if he doesn't feel the same way for me as i do? I was afraid to tell him how I feel. I should tell him somehow, I thought.

Dad released me from his big, cold, marble like hands and starred at me. His look was full of shock, surprise, horror, upset.... I couldn't figure what it would be. But I'm damn sure its not excitement or happiness.

I looked at him confused. His lips hardened tighter. And at last, I realised.

Oh my gosh, how could I slip with my thoughts like this, when my dad's over here, and that too with extraordinary mind reading skills. I’m dead today, I frowned.