CHAPTER 2

I was heart broken by his text. What? Two weeks? How could he be away for that much time. How hard it would be for me. Why dont he just come and tell in person that he's going. Why didn he come and bid a goodbye hug. Am I not worthy to pay a visit. i was upset on Jake's action. I just rolled on to my bed.

After an hour, I heard the door bell ring. I knew it was Jake, I could feel it. He called for me. I knew he would cal me, I thought. I decided to wait upstairs for him to ask. I heard the conversation going on below.

It was him and my mom. He called to pass on some information from Charlie. I waited. In a sec, I heard my mom saying out loud.

" Ok Jake, bye, take care", that's all I could hear.

What? No he wouldn't avoid me, I answered my inner thought. Jake doesn't care about me now. He didn even notice me. It was painful. I felt more like insulted. That was a long day for me. I didn know when I slept. It was 7 in the morning when I woke up.

 I already skipped my dinner and now when my mom asked to join them for hunting, I lied,"I'm not thirsty mom, you guys carry on".

Every one was there around me but still I felt a strange lonliness without Jake. Why didnt he take me along with him, that would've been better, I thought.

13 more days are there for him to return. Oh my god, just this one day seemed like a decade for me. This going to be horrible. How I be without him. Every second, it was his absence that burned my throat, more than my thirst. I'm glad that i could survive on both human food and blood

. I went inside the kitchen and had a glass of orange juice. i could barely smell Jake's scent in my home. It made me even more uncomfortable. so I figured that it would be better if I stay over Billy's until he returns.

It was already noon by the time I packed my things to hold for a week. I texted my mom that I'm leaving for the reservation. I came down with my things packed. Aunt Alice was on the couch leaning over uncle jasper.

" Hey Nessie, tell Billy that I said Hi..", she said casually.

"Ok aunt Alice. See ya", I said. It was not surprising that she knows where I'm going. She must have "seen" me deciding. I went down to the garage to take my car, and I drove in to the reservation.

I rang the door bell. "Hey Nessie, come on in", Billy said. I could smell his scent everywhere. It was so relaxing. I went inside the kitchen to cook something for Billy and then I went upstairs.

 I was frozen seeing his room...