0.9

* * ✵ + ✧ · ˚ . . ˚ ˚ · . ⊹ . ˚ ˚ . ˚ ˚

DISCLAIMER: there will be sexual abuse in this chapter, so if you aren't comfortable with that then don't read. i don't write the abuse in detail but there is the suggestion of the abuse taking place.

* * ✵ + ✧ · ˚ . . ˚ ˚ · . ⊹ . ˚ ˚ . ˚ ˚

the metallic scraping of bolts sliding sounds from the other side of the door. as he locks up, his soft singing can faintly be heard as he drifts away from the small, murky cold room.

"i'm late, i'm late..." he softly chants under his breath. "late for a very important date."

luke and michael glance at each other as their stomachs knot. they swallow their fears and glance around the room in relief; at least they are alone, with no looming, all-seeing eyes. they may be able to escape, in their wildest dreams.

"i'm scared," luke whispers, his voice faint and weak. "i'm scared for sophia."

"i-" michael would like to say something reassuring - that she is strong and that they won't punish harshly - however, how are they to know this? "i'm scared too." he quietly says instead.

"why did he take the camera?" luke says, the obvious answer sitting in the tip of his tongue. he pushes it to the back of his mind; he doesn't want to imagine that twisted thought, no matter how surreal this reality is playing out for them.

michael sits quiet; both of them know why. she will be filmed, hopefully for michael and luke not to see.

michael stares at the far wall, his eyes travelling over the crumbling and cracked plaster.

"this fucking sucks," luke says, his voice dry and weak. "we need to get out of here. me, you and sophia. we can do this." he says, his voice laced with doubt and uncertainity even though he is trying his absolute hardest to be optimistic.

"i- i don't know luke," michael says. "i can't even bare the thought of leaving here, three down. the thought of that makes me feel sick."

luke taps his foot anxiously against the bitterly cold, stone ground.

a vivid scream floods the corridor and crawls under the gap of the steel door. luke begins to softly cry, squeezing his eyes shut to erase the thoughts he is having.

"don't hurt her, don't hurt her." she softly whispers to himself.

"wait," michael loudly says. his eyes are wide, fixed on the white cracked wall. "look at the crack on the wall. look how sqaure it is."

luke looks across, his eyes flickering to the cracked plaster. he's right, the crack travels around in an almost perfect square.

"how long do you think we've got?" michael whispers.

"not long. i- i don't know. i hope we don't have long for sophia's sake." luke quietly points out.

"okay," michael huffs, begin to move himself along the stone floor towards the crack. the wooden legs of the chair scrape against the stone, causing a squeaking sound that fills the entire room. "fuck."

"be quieter," luke says with wide eyes as michael begins to manuevere himself towards the square crack. "what are you doing?"

"having a look at this crack, what do you think?" he retaliates. even though his hands are behind his back and his ankles are strapped to the legs of the chair, he is still able to shuffle towards the far wall.

as soon as he reaches the wall, he stares at it before going about it by pushing his head against it.

"maybe it will move," he huffs as he pushes his head against the wall, his teeth clenched in concentration. "there must have been a window here at one time and they have tried to cover it up."