0.5

* * ✵ + ✧ · ˚ . . ˚ ˚ · . ⊹ . ˚ ˚ . ˚ ˚

this is such a long chapter, but i'm gonna publish it as it is !!!

to anyone who reads, could you do me a favour and tell one other person about this book? i'd love it if other people knew about this. sorry if that's a bit cheeky 😅

* * ✵ + ✧ · ˚ . . ˚ ˚ · . ⊹ . ˚ ˚ . ˚ ˚

the dampness that has submerged the teenagers waist down is uncomfortable and obnoxious.

"my head." sophia whimpers, reaching to hold her head. however, her arms are restricted behind her back. she begins to pull before she hears luke, a few feet away from her.

"soph, stop pulling." he softly says, his head lolling to the side as he squeezes his eyes shut. "where are we?" he groans.

"in the dodgems area i think." ashton slowly says, glancing around.

"luke, my head really hurts." sophia wimpers, her bottom lip quivering as blood begins to dry from the graze on her head. none of them want to tell her, so instead they stay quiet.

"we'll be okay," luke says. "the pain will go soon."

"hads?" ashton urgently calls out. there's no response as the five of them quickly glance around, staring back at each other with pleading eyes.

"she's not here," michael loudly says, his voice catching. "at least the rest of us are, that way we can try-"

"you won't be trying anything." a deep, threatening voice says a few feet away from the teenagers. one of the rabbits emerges from behind the ticket booth, wearing black trousers and white furry gloves.

"fuck, fuck, fuck." sophia says, squeezing her eyes shut in terror. she wants to open them and for all of this to be a surreal nightmare.

"this is how this is going to work," the other man says, his rabbit head tilted with intimidation as he steps into the shallow pool of murky rainwater that has filled the dodgems area. "we're going to play a little game, full of unexpected twists and turns."

"we'll say two names, and the rest of you have to decide in sixty seconds who recieves the punishement. if those picked speak, they will recieve more than a petty punishment." the other one nonchalantly says, stepping out of the water as the teenagers stare with wide, frightened eyes.

"do you understand?" one of the rabbits says, coming closer again. they all nod, to which he approaches behind ashton and vigorously grabs him by the collar of his shirt. "do you understand?"

they all say yes in unison, their weak voices fuelling these two inhumance men. neither of the teenagers are aware of what these men are capable of, and as they proceed to explain what will be taking place under this cloudy night, they all begin to lose hope as it slips through their fingers.

"you see those wires?" the rabbit impatiently asks, pointing to the black electrical wires hanging into the shallow water. "when you do what we say, we will let you free. to run, to do anything you like. i wouldn't try the fences though, since the electrics have already been turned on for them."

this feels too surreal for these teenagers. they are too young to experience anything like this. why are they in this situation?

"the last one still in this water, if any, will be fried as soon as the electrics are turned on. it's up to you if you plan to wait for you friend or run for your lives."

they all unwillingly nod, a whimper escaping sophia's lips.

"what about hadley?" michael asks with a shaky voice. "is she okay? have you harmed her?"