0.4

"hey, rabbit!" hadley yelps, keeping her head down to reduce the force of being spun around so harshly. "i fucking saw you!" she tries to lift her head up to see the animal she had seen mere seconds ago not there anymore.

"what is she talking about?" ashton yells, his knuckles white from gripping on so tightly to the tea cup.

"rabbit! stop this ride," hadley's voice cracks as she slides down from the seat to sit at the bottom of the teacup. "guys! guys, can you hear me?" she shrieks over the whirring of the ride.

she hears a few mumbled responses and begins to shriek over the noise of the teacups as they continue to spin around.

"sit in the bottom of the teacup! it feels better," she wails as she frets, desparingly resting her head on the seat of the teacup. "when will this stop? rabbit, stop this fucking ride!"

michael, calum and ashton slide to the bottom of the teacup, whereas sophia and luke stay seated; afterall, it's only the pills.

"hadley, stop freaking out! it's only the pills," luke yells, his voice cracking as he shouts over the whirring. "only the pills!"

"are you sure?" she calls back, tears threatening. it's not like her to cry, but she feels like she's close to throwing up.

"yeah, i promise!" luke yells back.

"luke, this is not because of your hallucinating pills." calum shouts defiantly. "i'm going to be sick." he murmers, his head lolling to the side and resting against the seat.

"for fuck sake, rabbit, please will you turn off this ride?" hadley screams, choking on the air as she screams. the ride suddenly halts to a stop and the lights dim out.

they sit quietly with relief, their eyes dazzled from the colourful dancing lights, as the ride slowly halts to a stop. neither of them know what to say as the ride looks exactly as it did before: rusting, crumbling and ancient.

"what happened? why did it stop this time?" hadley mutters as she stumbles out of the teacup.

calum kicks open the gate with force and stumbles towards the sandy ground, throwing up with his hands on his knees. ashton follows, whilst the others take a seat on the filthy ground, trying to block out the sound.

"what was that?" sophia asks in a daze.

"i want these drugs out of my system," hadley says, her voice quivering. "i- i don't know why we're hallucinating like that."

"it's the pills." luke sighs.

"that wasn't the fucking pills," calum says as he returns. "we all halluncinated at the same time, that isn't a coincidence."

luke bites down on his lip and shrugs. "i guess you're a right but this place has been closed for over a decade, i doubt it magically started working again." luke laughs it off, taking sophia's hand. "are you okay?"

"i feel sick." she flatly says, wiping at her eyes.

ashton has curled up on the sandy ground whilst his head spins. none of them are entirely sure what just happened.

"i think we should go home," calum suggests. "we can have drinks at mine and order pizza, yeah?"

"we didn't come all this way to leave after one halluncination." luke says without any hesisation.

"that wasn't a halluncination," calum frowns. "do you think that was the pills playing on our mind? i've thrown up the majority of the pill anyway and i don't plan on taking another."

"let's walk around and explore some more," hadley says. "like luke said, it's just the pills. and i want to see this rabbit again," she says with a small, distant laugh. "he was a kind rabbit for stopping that ride for us."