0.2

hadley hikes her skirt up her thighs as she glances at herself with a frown in the body length mirror.

"do you think this looks hot?" she asks sophia who is tying up her converse. sophia glances up, her self-confidence plummeting.

"yeah." she simply responds, standing up and glancing at herself in the mirror. she frowns at her flat chest and skinny legs, diverting her gaze towards hadley who looks hot like usual. they have been best friends for their entire life, and sophia is used to the way that hadley is. when she sees hadley, she has to admit she feels worthless.

"do you think michael will like it?" hadley says, her eyes bright. she stares at herself for another moment, before a frown settles on her face. "it looks like i'm trying too hard, right?"

"it's dark outside so he won't see," sophia quietly says. "those tights will probably rip too." she points out, trying not to sound jealous. she knows that hadley is captivated by michael, but ashton also has a soft spot for hadley too.

"oh well, sometimes ripped tights look hot. right?" she says, running her hands through her hair.

"right." sophia says with a deep breath, abruptly standing up when there is a knock at the door. "they're here, i'll get it."

sophia answers the door, greeted by luke, michael, ashton and calum.

"hey, be quiet." she hushes them as she leads them upstairs. "my parents are in bed. luke, they think i'm sleeping at yours."

the others go into sophia's bedroom, whilst sophia and luke exchange small smiles in the hallway. sophia and luke have become the best of friends this past year, and they mean everything to each other. hadley is only a school friend who she grew up with, but luke will always be held in the special place in her heart.

they both like each other, but are equally oblivious. it's difficult for sophia to have a hot friend; she's always paranoid that luke will be lusting after hadley too. and calum, they're not too sure what calum thinks.

"he's probably gay," hadley had whispered to sophia in science class. "do you think? i bet i can make him turn straight in an instant."

sophia bit down on her lip to surpress her rude words. "yeah, probably." she said in a small whisper.

"i brought some of these pills," luke says, revealing a plastic translucent packet of multicoloured pills. "just to kick start the night, you know."

"nice one, lucas." sophia giggles, throwing her arm around luke's neck as they walk into her room together. "guys, are we ready to go?" she asks, keeping her voice low.

they all leave the house, sophia slipping the pack of cocaine into her pocket that she promised luke she would bring.

they approach the outskirts of the woods, the trees that tower above them not allowing any sliver of moonlight to slip through the branches.

"it's pitch black in here," michael complains. "how long is it to the fairground?"

"about ten minutes away." sophia says, switching on the flashlight on her phone.

"why the fuck are we doing this?" hadley groans as she trudges through the damp leaves. her leg gets caught on a splintered branch that is sticking out of a tree trunk. she stumbles ahead as it tears at her tights. "fuck! sophia, this is fucking dumb. oh my god, my tights!"

"i told her this would happen," sophia mutters with a smirk on her lips, lacing her fingers through luke's. "are you excited?" she asks luke, giving his hand a squeeze.

"i don't know if excited is the word," luke laughs. "but i definitely need to start on these drugs."

he's beginning to get nervous at the woodland thins out and the mesh wire fence leading to the abandoned fairground is visible.