Chapter 4

Chapter four,
A Fateful Encounter

Those who are found guilty of murder will be hunted down and publicly executed, even if they be royalty them-self by order of the King.
-Royal Family Of Doloria

Nick's POV

I walked through the forest, dragging my feet a bit for I felt discouraged. I've been searching since yesterday for her, and I've searched all the royal labs I could find. Maybe this lab was secret or maybe it was destroyed, but I guess I'll never find her. The search had led me all the way to this forest, Doloria's largest forest, White Forest. I felt like I would become lost in here forever, and to be honest it worried-

Wait a second, that scent.. Is it blood? I took off running in the direction of it, my gut told me something was there that would help me find Accalia. I ran through the trees with ease and ran at my fastest, 80 mph. I looked like a blur running through the trees and finally came to a halt upon seeing a building.

The door looked busted and it looked like something big rammed into it. Whoever or whatever did this must of been strong, I smell Human Blood but another scent mixed with it. What do you think Zane? I asked him inside my head. To me it seems to have been a Loup Garou, but it doesn't seem to be a full Loup Garou. Perhaps it's a half breed- or maybe it is the Hybrid..

At the word 'Hybrid' I took off running into the building, a alarm was blaring loudly and I as I explored the place more I found a switch to shut it off. "God that sound was annoying, I feel like my ears are ringing" I spoke out loud in a annoyed voice. You're one to talk, I'm the one with the more sensitive ears Nick. Zane growled. I ignored him and walked on, following the scent of blood. As I walked down the long and narrow hallways and passed gasoline jugs on a rack. I eyed them for a moment and stopped, just what are you planning?.... Zane asked in a deep but curious like voice.

 Zane asked in a deep but curious like voice

Nothing at all... I lied and walked on, the scent of blood was closer than ever before now and my heart had started to beat quickly. I broke into a run down the hallway I reached the main source of the scent. My eyes grew wide in shock, dead humans and puddles of blood everywhere, a shattered mirror was spread across the floor and machines were almost ripped apart. I walked over to one machine that looked like a coffin, and as I opened it I felt a blast of cold air for a split second and coughed. Looking in it I could smell a faint scent, it was her, Accalia. I reached inside and found a small lock of hair, it's her hair... So this is her doing... I clenched the lock of hair tightly in my hand and my face grew into a shroud of darkness.

As I looked back up into the failing lamp of light my eyes were cold and emotionless, the eyes of a killer... the eyes of a wolf. What are you going to do? Zane asked me and I remained silent for a moment. I won't let Accalia be found out, the law states that those who are found guilty of murder will be publicly executed... I have to cover it up... My mind was shaking at the thought but it's for Accalia. WHAT?! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS?! YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS RIGHT?! Zane started to explode at me. I know what the price is, I risk giving up the crown and being executed myself for destroying evidence. However, I will do any means necessary to protect her. I told Zane and he seemed angry, I will not tolerate this! I won't accept it! This has gone too- I cut him off, your opinion doesn't matter I told him coldly before blocking him out.