Chapter 11

"Welcome to Zappos, ladies and Gentleman. What name is the reservation under?" the young hostess greeted, as we walked through the front door. 

Zappos opened up just a few years ago and since then it has been a huge hit. Usually people had to make reservations weeks, if not months, just to eat at this place. Luckily the fair was going on tonight and pretty much the entire city is there with their friends or family. 

"Actually we didn't get to make a reservation. How long would the wait be?" Landon asked. There were quite a few people waiting for an empty table, along with us, but since we had a larger group the wait must be longer. 

"The wait would be about 20-30 minutes. You all can wait in the sitting lounge right in the corner over there and we'll get someone to get you all something to drink" the hostess pointed to one corner of the store that was blocked off from the rest of the restaurant but at least we wouldn't have to stand around. "What name would you like it under?" she asked before we all walked off.

"Keaton Reynolds, thanks" my brother replied before leading the group to the waiting lounge.

I groaned a bit to myself because coming out tonight was not a good idea. I wasn't ready to be out in the real world yet. I feel so pathetic because I'm sure Ryder is having the time of his life right now with Stephanie while I'm here sulking when my friends were trying to help me have fun. How can I have fun when it feels like my heart has been torn out of my chest and stomped on? 

As I followed behind everyone to the sitting area, I was staring down at my feet, completely oblivious to everything going on around me. All of a sudden my body collided with a very hard figure that nearly sent me flying to the ground. 

I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the hard and painful contact with the floor when I suddenly felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me up forward. As I slowly opened my eyes I was met with beautiful hazel eyes. Almost the same color as Ryder's, just a bit more...captivating. 

I quickly adverted my eyes away from the stranger and stood up straight. "I am so sorry. I should have been watching where I was going. Are you alright? Oh god, I feel terrible." 

"It's quite alright. No harm done." I heard a strong masculine voice reply with a slight chuckle.

I looked back up to the stranger and froze in place. The man in front of me was very handsome. He was about 6 feet tall and had his hair neatly gelled to perfection. He was dressed in a nice and fancy black suit, maybe Armani or Brioni, I couldn't quite tell but it just screamed 'expensive' to me. It looks a lot like the types of suits Ryder wears. I mentally slapped myself for relating everything to Ryder.

 "Are you sure?" I asked to confirm. 

The man gave me a wide smiled and nodded his head. "Well I am so relieve. I should probably get back to my friends and again, I am so sorry." I replied as I turned around and started walking back to my group of friends who were all looking over at me curiously. 

"Wait, hold up." the guy I bumped into suddenly said. I turned back around and he began to walk closer to me. "I was informed that Keaton Reynolds was here and couldn't just keep you all waiting." He said as he looked at my group of friends, obviously spotting my brother.

"You know my brother?" I asked curiously.

"Not quite, but I've heard very good things about him. Your family is one of the most well-known and successful business people in the United States. My father owns Zappos Industries and we were interested in negotiating a contract with your company and hopefully expanding. Enough about business talk though,  we currently have a vacant private room if you all would like to sit in there for your meal."