Chapter 20

Okay maybe I lied, we all get to hear a little bit from Connor. Just a small little convo, so enjoy! (;

~♡~

Jessica

"So how is it being back in New York?" Connor asked through the phone. It's the first time we have talked since he went to Korea. It felt nice talking to someone outside of my normal group of friends. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but sometimes they can be a bit...much. It's crazy how all their attitudes are different when they're with other people. 

"It's good. It feels great to be home, but I don't go out much. The buzz over mine and Ryder's divorce is still as crazy as ever and I just don't want to deal with it. The guys and Marisa make it just a bit more bearable." I replied with a sigh. 

"Well at least you're around people you love. There's no harm in that." Connor said. I knew he was right, but I just wanted to be able to go out without reporters following me around and asking me questions that I'm not ready to answer. I already feel so humiliated that the news got out, I haven't even looked at any newspapers, magazines, and I barely go online. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right. So how's Korea? It must be beautiful over there." I asked enthusiastically. I've always wanted to go to Korea, it's always wanted to try the street food and see the cherry blossoms but I've never gotten around to it. 

"It's amazing. I'm learning so much about Korea's traditional foods. I've even learned how to make my own kimchi. Of course it doesn't taste as great as everyone else's but I think I'm getting there. When I get back to New York I can make you a few dishes if you want?" Connor suggested. 

"Yes! That would be great." I replied enthusiastically. We continued to talk for a few more hours about anything and everything. At the end of the conversation Connor suggested that I get out of the house more. He thinks that it wouldn't be healthy to keep staying hidden all the time and that the attention would always be on me, especially if I avoid it. I knew deep down he was right, but I just wasn't ready yet. I told him I'd think about it and it was enough at that. 

I walked out of my room and walked down into the kitchen. My mom and Marisa were sitting around the island looking at baby shower ideas. 

"Hey, how's the planning going?" I asked as I took a seat next to Marisa. 

"It's going great, I know it's a bit soon but I want it to be perfect." Marisa beamed as she flipped through the binder full of decoration ideas. 

"Do you know the gender of the baby?" I asked as I peaked at all the different ideas that were laid out in front of me. 

"Yes, but we want it to be a surprise. And no there is no exception for you, even though you're my best friend." Marisa replied knowing that I would ask. I frowned a bit and gave her the puppy dog eyes. She just shook her head and ignored me. 

"Where are the boys?" I asked, curiosity overwhelming me. It seemed strangely quite around the house. 

"Your dad too them out to go motor car racing. You know those guys, they can never stay to far from their toys." My mom laughed as she rolled her eyes. We all knew how dangerous it was for them to go racing, but dad always took us to see the races when we were growing up and when Keaton got his license dad took him to training. We knew they'd always be smart when they're racing around together, but we were always going to worried about them. 

"I'm surprised you let Landon go, Ris." I replied jokingly. 

A displeased look consumed her face as she looked up from the binder. "Trust me, he begged all night when your dad asked. I told him that if he came back with even a scratch anywhere on his body, I was going to kill him myself." Marisa said looking annoyed. I chuckled, knowing that she would.